Last week, my dad received news that his cousin was exchanging gasoline from truck to truck & it exploded, killing him instantly. 2 days later, my dad found out that his sister, Jeanne, had passed away due to a massive heart attack. That same weekend, my 15 yr. old nephew was hospitalized for a few days & found out he is a Type 1 Diabetic that he was very close to being in a coma if they did not bring him in. Wow! So much to muster in a month. I feel our emotions are all over the place. I can't imagine how my parents feel right now. But I know that although my dad has lost family members, members have also been saved & are still alive today. I feel so blessed that those family members are still alive & because of my mom & dad being on their mission is such a great blessing. It has made me & I'm sure all of my brothers & sisters faith that much stronger. I'm grateful for these hardships because they make you a stronger person.
On to some happier things. I started taking a cake decorating class at Roberts with a darling YW in my ward. It's been fun - can't wait to go through all the courses. It's always been something I've wanted to do & I've self taught myself so it's fun to learn how to really do it & that I wasn't really far off from a lot of stuff!
We got new countertops this last week. Why didn't we just do it when we built our home only 3 yrs ago? So stupid. Oh well...love it. & love the backsplash that Russ & Kelly put in this weekend {mostly Russ - he's amazing}
Here's one of the master sinks:
Hugs, Kisses & a Squeeze for my Valentine! love, Adde
xoxo Ezra
They've had lots of fun finding the number & hanging it up on the wall. But Adde & Ez don't like that I keep putting it in the same place each morning, they want me to hide it so they can find it {unfortunately this year - I don't remember to put it out while they are sleeping & have to run & grab it when we all wake up}
They've got treats, coloring books, bubble bath & other fun stuff. They also got to put together Valentine's for both grandparents. Ez wasn't too interested in this because he is not interest in ANYTHING....he says everything is boring. Hopefully this is just a phase. All he wants to do is play with his imaginext toys, play the Wii or ride his bike. When Adde was making these Valentine's for grandma's & grandpa's she wrote to Lester & Ester...to Phil & Jane instead of grandma & grandpa. It was really funny. Then she mailed them all by herself.
4 comments:
I love your new countertops! The backsplash is my favorite!
CUTE CUTE, why must you be so stinkn' amazing!!! No fair!
I totally prayed for Lisa, I just can't imagine her sweet husband and cute lil boys without her. So glad she's doing well.
Your kids Valentine's are so dang cute, how creative! I wish I had half of the creativity you do.
I can't believe Russ & Kelly did that?! Love it.
I hear you on the time thing. Where does time seriously go? I love the countertops, they look great.
I'm so glad to hear that Lisa is doing so well. I have thought about her so much over the past month. Thanks for the update!
Post a Comment