Martin Luther King weekend

Sunday afternoon, we headed for a little overnighter at Zion National Park. We stayed in Springdale that is before the entrance of Zion, or gateway to Zion, is what they like to call it. I haven't been in years & we live so close - I feel like we need to take advantage of all our beautiful surroundings.

Since it is the off season {which who knows why - it was 60+ degrees & beautiful!}, alot of the restaurants, hotels & stores were closed. We stayed in a cute lodge & ate at a fun little restaurant - one of the few that are open for the winter. Then we walked around Springdale which is kind of a fun little town. We went back to the hotel & got in the hot tub. It was big enough the kids just swam in it. We had a beautiful scenery surrounding us.

The fam. with the big rocks behind
We watched a movie Sun night & ate lots of snacks. It was fun just chillin with my homies in our hotel room
Crazy Ezra...he was so hyper but then just zonked out before 8:00
There was still snow on the eastern side of Zion. It wasn't too chilly though. We had to get out & take a few picture of how beautiful it was
Ezra honestly did not want one picture taken of him. I took this without him knowing & when he saw me take it - he freaked out & said no more!


We hiked to the emarald pools which is just a small hike to these beautiful falls. The bottom of it was all frozen & it looked awesome.



There was snow on the trail where the sun didn't touch but it honestly wasn't that cold. It looks alot colder than what it was.

We packed a lunch & enjoyed it at a nice little park across the street. Then we headed to the imax theater to watch the SeaRex, then headed for home. It was a short trip but perfect. Ezra cried most the way home {til he fell asleep} to go back to the hotel & not go home. He was pretty upset when he woke up & we were home!

7 comments:

Carr Family said...

We miss.

Springers said...

If you are able to go hiking, camping, and picnicing, then you are due for another baby! LOL!
This looks like lots of fun! I am so ready to be able to take off and do some short vacations without loading the whole car down with baby equipment.
It looks so beautiful. I don't think I have been to Zion, or at least its been a long time. Maybe we'll check it out someday! Seems like we should do a family reunion in St.George pretty soon. With all the people down there that would be easiest.

kate said...

That's crazy you guys were there too! I met my family there around 1:30 so, we must of missed each other by a few hours. To bad we couldn't run into each other! ;)

Melinda said...

How fun...what a cute little family adventure!

Melinda H. said...

I love everything about Zion's. It's funny to see Kelly in shorts, hiking around with snow.

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome Zion's pictures!
I love the snow surprise down there too.

Brian & Larissa Lloyd said...

Jess that looks like alot of fun! I look at your kids and can't believe they are growing up!