a Rockin' New Year's Eve

We had Kelly's family & Russ & Susan over for New Year's Eve. It was an evening with kids running around & an American Idol Showdown which Rachel ended up winning. I don't know why it wasn't Kelly or Kyle - they are so good. Not really. Here are just a few pictures from the night. I didn't even get any of the kids - they actually all stayed awake. But for some reason - everyone left around a quarter to 12am. Just couldn't do it the last fifteen minutes.

Ezra was so funny singing into the mic & swaying his hips.

Melinda & Anna

Watching the next contestant (mostly making fun of)

Next time you see Kelly you should ask him sing.

Happy New Year!!

9 comments:

Melinda H. said...

I don't even need to ask Kelly to sing...I know he rocks, j/k! He was really good on drums or guitar. Your blog looks really cute. I would've felt bad if you changed mine and not yours. Your house is still cute as ever (I can see that's where you guys are). BTW: It's -19 degrees right now!! My car wouldn't start today. These are the times I wish we would've chosen somewhere tropical to live!

Andrea Ingersoll said...

Happy New Year you guys! In 2009- Austin and I are coming to visit you guys! All your Christmas pictures are so cute!!!

Carr Family said...

What Kelly lacks in singing, he more than makes up for with his dancing. After all, he was voted "Best Dancer" in high school. And we went to one of those schools where kids would have dance-fights instead of throwing punches. All disputes were settled with snapping fingers and fancy footwork, just like in West Side Story or a Michael Jackson music video! And in those tough, turbulent halls Kelly reigned supreme. He was the best. Like Maximus, but a dancing Maximus, or more like Usher. . . . I guess what I am trying to say is that you need to buy Dance, Dance Revolution or something.

Uh, random?

Pulsiphers said...

Looks like you had a good Christmas and New Year. We did the same thing this year where we just had Christmas at our house and Just did our own thing I was definitaley weird but really fun. I glad you had a great holiday and that is really cool that it snowed on Christmas Eve in St. George.

Tonia said...

I'm glad your holidays were fun. Your American Idol showdown sounds like a good idea.

The Steel's said...

Looks like a fun party. We wish we could have more time to spend. We would have for sure lost the competition. I love your house, you did such a good job on all of it. So my bonus room shelves are a little different than I was telling you, I will have to send a picture sometime of how it really is.

Anonymous said...

Fun times! Quarter to twelve? That's a bummer - midnights the best to go bang pots and pans and ring cow bells .... Happy New Year!

John and Mikelle Hafen said...

looks like a riot, happy new year!

Shaun and Tonya said...

What a fun New year --love Kelly's face and I can't believe how big Anna is