Every few days we force her to sit on the toilet to see if we can get something stirring (probably too much info). I kind of forgot she was in there & was getting Ezra's dinner & started to do some other stuff when I thought it was too quiet.
So 20 min. pass & I go to the bathroom to see Adde like this:
How funny!! I'm sure her legs were numb from no circulation. So she fell asleep around 6:30 so I went & put her to bed & she didn't move as I was getting her jammies on. She didn't wake up until after 8:00 the next day. A much needed good night sleep.
Ezra came in to see what was going on. He was eating dinner (hence the dirty face) & saw me grab my camera so he, of course, had to see what was going on. He was so funny. He was kind of bent over looking into her face & touching her hair - thinking what in the world is she doing!! Kelly was at school, so it was a nice, peaceful evening with just me & Ezra. Don't you love the cowboy hat? Grandpa put it on him & he wouldn't take it off!!
What I really should be doing is asking any of you moms out there for some much needed advice. She was on miralax for quite a few months, but we took her off. It wasn't doing enough. I gave her 2 suppositories last week - finding out that they do not work on her anymore, like they did when she was a baby. We've changed her diet, not letting her drink milk - which makes her so sad - or eat very much dairy anymore. We force her to eat fruit every day. I mix prune juice with things secretively. She drinks lots of water. She eats 1 bran muffin every morning for breakfast. It is a constant struggle for the last 3 1/2 years - so if anyone has any ideas or suggestions - please, let me know. My doctor is supposively a gastro specialist & he keeps telling me to up the miralax. I'm ready to try something new!! We've bribed her that if she goes for 7 days straight - she can go & pick out any toy she wants. I think now she is just WAY too scared to go so she holds it in which makes it even worse. But she's gone 2 days in a row. Which is HUGE. So I think I'm giving too much info now!! Let me know if you've had a kid, or youself - I guess, with this same problem & what you've done to help. Thanks!!
18 comments:
Me and Adde are twins. If you find the cure let me know. My mom says the Special k fiber water helps her alot. It tastes good too. How do you customize your blog like this? I want cute halloween paper.
I don't have any words of advice but I just thought it was too funny that she fell asleep on the toilet. Poor girl!
it's supposedly, not supposively!! that's not even a word!
rj
That is the funniest thing I've ever seen. I know Rj is an ars!
Poor Adde! That is a really funny picture, especially Ezra checking her out. JD is doing better at going more than twice a week - I think he was scared of the toilet. Now I gotta get him to quit using a roll of toilet paper at each sitting. UGH!
Ha ha!! I never knew it was supposedly, I always say supposively. that's embarassing!! Why is RJ reading this anyway? I thought you hated blogs.
That is the funniest thing I have ever seen! She is such a good sleeper! How do you get her not to wake up when you move her??? Did you move her a lot when she was a baby? Cause Mikell wakes up the second I pick her up...it sucks!
haha that is so so funny that she fell asleep like that. I don't even get how that is possible? Well.... my family has lots of costipation problems. Me - not so much when I was little but now I have to take metamucil everynight. My sister had really bad constipation when she was little. I'll find out what my mom did for her. I think fiber is the key though with less dairy like you are doing. If i learn anything else...i'll let you know (even though I'm not a mom)
that is so funny she is asleep on the toliet, i love it! i have no advice for you, i just think that sucks.....good luck with that! i was just on your hair blog....is the counter off to the side that is like 42,000 and something all the people who have visited that blog????? if so that is amazing!! i am bummed we don't get to walk again this week, but i can't do much all week anyways.
and happy early birthday! :) just celebrate all week long.
Maybe if you taught her the corect way to wipe she wouldn't be embarresed about going potty.
By the way, that is the funniest picture you've posted EVER.
That is so dang funny, I love it! My kids have problem with milk so I switched them to soy and it has made all the difference in the world. It sound like you are doing all the right things. Poor girl! Just keep giving her lots of fruit Watermelon is a good one it goes right through my kids.
That really is the funniest picture. It kind of sad I feel bad for her. When Carter was little he had that problem when we started on cereal I started him with juice. Have you tried the activia yogurats (I probably spelt that wrong just ignore that.) My mom swears by those. I had to take those after I had Carter and I did regulate me a little better.
LOL poor little thing --My girlies love Strawberry bite size shred wheat --keeps them going good:)
That picture is hilarious..you might regret that in ten years! I can't believe she is so peaceful there on the potty. The poor little girl. We for sure don't have that issue in our house. We fiber our kids up. Katelyn eats a bean burrito almost every day, no joke. I am sure you are doing everything that they say to do so don't worry about it. She just isn't a pooper. Maybe if she knows every one wants her to go so much she will get stressed and not go. That is what my kid would do. Poor little thing. Okay, so I think we should get a group of people together to get newport back. You are the only person I know who loves it like me. I loved Clay and Chrissy! That flousy girl with the big chest kinda bugged. And I am glad you are with me on the hills. I think you are my twin separated at birth. We have the same taste in everything. Except my gift of hair doing!
Whoa, that was a ridiculously long comment..sorry about that!
So adorable and hilarious!! But my heart goes out to you- we just went through our first battle with constipation! We even ended up in the hospital and they gave Maddie an enema, it was so sad. We did the Miralax after and it went right through her, the dr. I work for also suggested Mineral oil, he says that it tastes horrible but now they make flavored kinds, so maybe you could try some of that?? Good luck!!
I know this is late, and really isn't the same as Adde's problem, but we were having problems with Mya and pooping after she was potty trained. The only thing that made her realize she wanted to go on the toilet was that she didn't want to give up her binky's yet! LOL!!! She hasn't had an accident since I threw one of her binky's in the garbage. I know it's all wrong, she should have been off the binky before she was potty trained, but what do ya do?
Jess your yard looks way nice everytime I drive by. Hope you had a great birthday!
Post a Comment