On Friday morning, the day after we came home from the hospital, Jack the Elf had decided to make his appearance by bringing the kids breakfast from Santa {thank you pinterest}. The kids were SO very excited to wake up to such a surprise! We had snowball donuts & glacier hot cocoa & read the Elf on the Shelf & Santa even sent a few small gifts, like Christmas socks to keep their toesies warm & some stickers to cling to the window & new hot cocoa mugs. This will be a must each year - it was a lot of fun.
Here's Ruthie, 2 days old. Oh she's the sweetest baby in the world!
Kelly decided to hit the crowds & do a little shopping on black Friday {without the waking up early of course}. He came home with this tree that I have had my on at Tai Pan since September. But went even bigger than what I had looked at - I was so excited! He is always so thoughtful & always surprising me. He said instead of flowers that die for having a baby - he put that money towards a tree that I can enjoy each year & I am so happy he got it.
The kids were pretty angry when I didn't want them to put all of my ornaments on it. I could have just went with the lights on the tree this year but we did pull a few out. Next year - I'll have to get their own tree for the playroom & let them use all my old ornaments.
That same night, Ruthie got her first little sponge bath. She was too tired to open her eyes for most of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment