Ruthie's BIRTH day....November 23, 2011

Little Ruthie Mae is already 5 days old & I wanted to journal this before I forget it.

The whole week before Ruthie was born, I had been having mild contractions. I went into a dr. appt. Tuesday morning & Dr. Benham stripped my membranes. All day long, I felt really crampy & by 5ish, I began to have consistent contractions about 9 or 10 min. apart. I decided to go see Breaking Dawn with my friend Britttany Shick since I probably won't be going to another movie for a while. My contractions were getting about 5-7 min. apart. She kept looking at me every time I would look at my phone & I could just tell she was so worried! I made it home to sleep for 45 minutes when I woke up with excruciating pain & contractions about 3-4 minutes apart so we called Grandpa Lester & he came & slept with the kids so we could go have our baby!

The worst part about going into labor is waiting the hour at the hospital to see if you are going to be emitted or not. HATE IT. Luckily, they let me stay, being 4 centimeters & 80% effaced. I tested group B positive so they started me on the medication right away & gave me some pain medication through my IV to lessen the pain. I could still feel the contractions but I could not open my eyes. About 30 minutes later, the anesthesiologist made it in & everything went down hill from there. I was able to sleep a few hours. The antibitiotic for the strep positive had to be in for 4 hours. I had not progressed at all during that 4 hours but as soon as they put in the 2nd dosage, Dr. Astel broke my water & they gave me some pitosin. Within about an hour and a half I was fully dilated & ready to push.

It was a very special delivery for me because Adde & Ezra were able to be there. We had no idea they would until about an hour before so we quickly called grandpa & he brought them over. What a sweet, awesome experience to have both kids there. They came right in & got to see us getting ready but then moved behind the curtain while Ruthie was being delivered. Adde actually held Ruthie before even Kelly did or before they weighed her....she LOVED that.

Dr. Winward came just in time, ready to push. She said the baby was posterior so she quickly flipped her. I did about 1 1/2 pushes & Ruthie came right out! Tiny little thing! Her stats are the exact same as Adde's were: 6 lbs. 6 oz & 19" long. I got to do some skin to skin time before they took her to the kids. & I just felt overwhelmed with emotion since I've been so worried with this baby that she would delivery healthy & everything be fine. I love having my whole family there for support. Ester was also in the delivery room with us & able to take pictures for us.




















Grandma & grandpa took the kids & we went to our postpardum room where we tried to get a little sleep since we were up all night, which is never possible with all the noise & assessments they are doing every hour. We had a few visitors & got NO pictures. So sad. Rachel, Tami & Suz, Ryan, Grandma & Grandpa came back with the kids & later that evening Brittany stopped by.  We decided to keep baby in the nursery the entire night, which I felt a little guilty for, but in the morning, after getting 9 hours of sleep, I was so happy we did it. It took forever to discharge us, but we left about 11:00am Thanksgiving day.

I honestly have the most wonderful mother in law ever. We came home & she was preparing a Thanksgiving meal for us (since we had a slight change of plans:). They took the kids overnight while we were in the hospital & I didn't worry about them at all. They got to go to McDonalds & they each had a small surprise grandma brought home from Target. Adde had made the sweetest poster for me also that just made me all teary when I saw it. & after a Thanksgiving dinner - all 5 of us fell asleep for 2 hours....never again will that happen!!

I'm so happy Ruthie is here & safe! We just love her to death & cannot get enough snuggles. Adde can't leave her side & Ezra is a big help. She just sleeps & sleeps & even sleeps really good at night! I just wish I could keep her at this newborn stage forever!






7 comments:

Carr Family said...

YEAH!!!!!! (more comments to come after dinner!)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe I missed it all! So sad. She is so beautiful though and I'm so glad she is here safe and sound! Congrats.
Megan

Carr Family said...

We are so happy that Ruthie is here. Congrats to all! We have already joined the Ruthie fan club (I assume that Adde is President of the club?), and we can't wait to see her someday. Did Ezra comb her hair? Because in a couple of the pictures she is rocking the same style as EZ. And its so nice that Ester took pictures. I can only imagine if Kelly was on photo duty -- there would be 3 pictures of the whole day, and 2 of them would be of the floor tiles. But we have been talking about Ruthie for days and we are now glad to hear that she has arrived. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Brian & Larissa Lloyd said...

She is beautiful as are your other kids! It was good to see you and the family this weekend! Glad things are good for you!! Love you guys!! Skype us sometime!!

Amie said...

Congratulations Jess! She is beautiful and I love her name. She looks like you. Glad everything is going well.

Shannon said...

She is precious!! What beautiful kids, I am so glad you have a wonderful mother in law!! Wish I was there.

The Foxy Fam said...

CONGRATULATIONS! She is so precious. Glad everything went good with the delivery! Hope you are feeling good and have been able to get some rest!! :)