Ezra is always so helpful with the babe. He wants to make sure she's warm always so he shares his blanket with her. If she cries & he's trying to watch tv - he'll tell me - just put her binky in her mouth! I can't hear. He likes to get diapers for me & give me lots so I don't ask him to grab me another diaper! He really does love his Ruthie but he can get his snuggles & kisses in & then on his way. Every night, before he goes to bed he likes to snuggle in our bed next to her or hold her.
Here's Ruthie 4 days old. We had to take her in 2 times to the outpatient lab to check for jaundice because she was on the lower-intermediate risk. It sucks to watch that get done. She screamed so hard it is hard to watch. But after going twice, everything looked fine. After we wash Ruthie's hair, it goes all big & feathery. It's hilarious & I just can't stop running my fingers through her hair. I love her little receeding hair line. Nothing a bow can't fix:)
This little girl cannot get enough of being a big sister. As soon as she his home from school, she runs right to Ruthie. She kisses & smothers her & can't get enough of her. She wants to hold her all day & if someone else wants to hold her - she'll give them 2 minutes & then back to Adde. She's already such a good big sister!
Here's my babes at 1 week old! Time goes so fast when a baby is here, but 1 week in the womb is like an eternity! I just want to keep her here at this tiny stage forever. Knowing how fast they grow out of this stage makes me so sad & although I look forward to other stages, I want to keep her like this forever.
We went to her dr. appt this day. She got her tongue clipped {just like Adde & Ez} to help later with speech & nursing. I also had my tongue clipped as a baby. This girlie sleeps 95% of the day & night. She has been a great night sleeper & goes about 4-5 hour stretches to eat once in the night & then about 7:30 to eat in the morning. It has been quite a task feeding her & trying to get kids ready for school in the morning - it will take some adjusting. Can't wait for that Christmas break to come. Ruthie's stats were at this appointment: 6lb. 2oz. - 7%, 19 1/2" long - 31% & her head was in the 2%.....just like Adde always was. She reminds me so much of Adde with how little she is. Adde was just a little petite nugget forever - I feel like she is HUGE now that I have Ruthie.
I just want to kiss on those lips all day long. So sweet.
1 comment:
She is so precious and I love that new baby smell...can't get enough of it. I love your new tree. I never thought I would want a white one, but it's pretty cute!
Post a Comment