We are thrilled to announce we are having a baby GIRL!!
Both Kelly & I thought it was a boy. All of our names were mostly boy names. I even told Kelly as we were leaving for the ultra sound that if it is a boy I want to name him Theo {one of Kelly's favorite names}. Well - no blue for us! But in the back of my mind, just because it is a girl, I always worry that I'll get all ready & it will come out a boy! I get to keep Adde's old room the way it is & her bed {the one I was not ready to give away yet} & all her darling little baby clothes!
I knew immediately it was a girl when Dr. Winward was doing the ultrasound. Funny that by the 3rd you can actually tell what you are looking at. Adde was esctatic! Ez - not so much. He had a frowny face & was fighting back tears. By the end of yesterday, we convinced him that it is cool to be the only boy - baseball trips with dad, the protector of his sisters. He's excited now. After the ultrasound, I took the kids shopping & they picked out an outfit for the baby to come home from in the hospital. It really is so fun to have older kids that are so involved & excited about the pregnancy.
I feel like this pregnancy has been a breeze. In the first trimester, I did not even get nautious. I remember with Adde & Ezra I never got sick but if I went for long periods of time without eating, I would feel nautious. Not with this baby. It worried me that maybe something was wrong - I almost needed that reassurance. But now looking back I had plenty of reassurances. I was eating everything & anything - so hungry always. I craved Jimmy Johns & Benjas like no other. My chest HURT!! & I was the oneriest person to be around along & always so tired. What more symptoms did I need for that reassurance? It has been a great pregnancy except since I have not been sick - I have already gained as much weight as I did with Adde at the time of delivery. So sad.
Now it's time to get boy out of our minds & start planning PINK. We have a few girl names that we like & I already started putting the room together when I went home. I've been feeling the baby kick for about 3 weeks now & cannot wait for my little kiddles to feel it also. I'm ready to hold that sweet bundle of joy in my arms & smell the sweetness of a newborn. The time can't come fast enough.
2 comments:
Awww!!! Sooo excited for you guys! :) Congrats.
Congrats! That is so exciting. I'm sure Addie is so excited to have a baby sister. Her new room is so cute too! Good job.
Post a Comment