thurs OCT 7th

Tuesday was a much anticipated day; my parents were set apart to serve their mission in Santa Rosa, California. The blessing that my dad received was just amazing & so powerful. One we will never forget. Russ, Quinn & Kelly all joined in the circle with President Bangerter & their Bishop.

Today, they left to go up north so they can enter the MTC next week. We had to say our goodbyes on Tuesday & a few tears were shed. It was bitter-sweet. Adde said, "Grandma I will be 7 when you get home." NUTS!! Time just keeps going - but it will fly by. We're hoping to make a visit during their time in California. And we'll be on SKYPE more frequently with them so far away. We kept telling my mom - you just moved down here with time for us to get attached & now you have to leave us. But I'm so happy that they are finally able to leave on their mission & fulfill their calling to the Lord, which given the circumstances with health problems & selling the home, they weren't able to leave until now. But this is the time they are supposed to leave & my dad was so giddy for it to finally be here.


Bishop???, Phil, Jane & President Bangerter

the West's with grandma & grandpa (love my dad's face - either eyes closed or pulling a funny face in EVERY picture he's taken his entire life)
the Bell's - sorry tami - only picture i had of your fam
the adamson's

7 comments:

Melinda said...

that is so awesome! Your parents are amazing...as if you didn't know:) They will be the best!! tell them hi for us. Hope you guys are doing well.

Melinda H. said...

I can't believe that they are finally going...it's sad, but something they've been waiting for forever!

In your post about your birthday it looks like you're trying to hide your awesome black shirt....you know the one, with EDWARD written on the front. I recognized the buttons up the sleeve :)

kate said...

Oh man! I don't think I could see my parent's go on a mission. It would be so hard!!

I have to say you look smokin'!! I love your outfit and get over how cute that color and cut is on you!

The Foxy Fam said...

You girls are all so stinkin' gorgeous!! I think the world of your sweet parents. They are amazing people and know they will do an AWESOME job in the true sense of the word. That's got to be so hard to say goodbye to them. Bless your hearts. Congrats on your birthday! You look great girl! I would've never thought you were 27! You look too young!! You're so beautiful. Take care!

Spackman's said...

aww I am so excited for your cute mom and dad. You look so cute jessica and Addi's dress is darling! I love you and your family

Shannon said...

OH man I have been thinking about them today, I thought it was today they left up north....anyways I am excited for their fun adventure. How great you got to be there to say bye!

Shannon said...

OH man I have been thinking about them today, I thought it was today they left up north....anyways I am excited for their fun adventure. How great you got to be there to say bye!