In high school we played on the baseball team together and other summer league teams as well. After our missions, we moved to Logan and attended Utah State - that was one of the most fun periods of our lives (this is where Jessica became friends with PD as well). We lived in the Danbury House a couple blocks from the school with Ben Gunn, Barry Sorenson, Lige Carr, John Hafen, and Wes Whitehead.
After that I got married and PD eventually made it to Southern California, where he always wanted to be to get out of the cold. He met his fiancée there who stayed by his side (along with Eileen and his brother Matt) through the last several months during his fight with Leukemia at the U of U hospital in SLC.
Below are some pictures I had of PD:
A birthday party in my backyard in GV

PD on Casey Brooksby's trampoline in GV

Our basball team as 8 yr olds

Another party at my house in GV


We were nude body suit men at the school halloween bash at USU. We were famous for a night and everybody applauded us as we entered different rooms throughout the night.

Our idea was inspired by George Costanza of Seinfeld (one of the passions PD and I share).

The roommates (minus Ben) in front of the Danbury House in Logan. We enjoyed many firepits here on the front lawn with our outside couch before the fire marshall made us remove the pit.

Jessica and PD inside our house in Logan

Our Danbury reunion in LA at an Angels game in April '09 about a week before PD got sick. We stayed at Ben's house and watched baseball, played sand volleyball, watched John buy a Hummer, and I was also forced to eat sushi as that is what people do there apparently.
PD - We love you and you'll be missed. I'm glad we got to spend so much time together and make so many memories over the past 25 years. There will never be another PD.
3 comments:
What a sweet tribute! I am so very sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine.
You couldn't ask for a better friend. Words can't even do him justice. He was the best.
I love seeing the pictures of PD as a little boy. His happy face and quirky comments will sure be missed.
Post a Comment