what's been going on...

***The last six weeks has been a roller coaster for our little family. With the news of PD going into a coma at the beginning of January, we were getting daily updates to see how he was doing. One day he almost didn't make it & the next he laid his head next to his mom. It has been a very emotional ride for us & trying to prepare ourselves for the bad news just wasn't possible - you can never prepare for death. Our life will never be the same without PD & all his quirkiness. We love you PD. It just still doesn't seem real that he's gone. I can't even imagine what his mom & family are going through & hope they feel peace & comfort at this time especially since PD was greeted on the other side by his dad & 3 sisters. That really gives us some comfort. Can you imagine not believing or knowing that we can live together forever. It would be difficult to go through this without that knowledge.


***Along with that in our life, Kelly started his last semester of college!! Hip Hip Hooray!! Unless he decides in the future to get his Masters but for now - yay on making it ten+ years at college!! We hardly see him so we're counting down to this summer.

***On top of his schooling, a few weeks ago, Kelly was called as the Elder's Quorum President in our ward. I thought it would be more stressful but Kelly (& his counselors) have such laid back personalities that it's easy going so far. It's fun to see Kel in a leadership position, so not him!

***I fit in my skinny jeans this morning (with actually buttoning & feeling comfortable:) My sisters, cousin & I started a weight loss program that has been awesome!! If you are looking for a way to help you loose some pounds - try it out. It's My Fitness Pal (www.myfitnesspal.com). It's free to sign up & it's fun when you get friends because it's very motivating. Even Kelly is on there except to gain weight...so not fair.

***On Saturday, we went to get Adde's hair trimmed & I wanted to chop mine off last minute. I cut over 12" off & was able to donate the hair to locks of love which was kind of neat. I can't believe my hair was healthy enough to send off - it feels so much healthier now.

EZ is my amazing photographer. He's accepting clients.


***For one of my New Year's Resolutions I've been trying to spend as much time as possible with my little buddy. It seems I'm always cleaning, running errands, teaching piano & just not having enough time for him. Once a week, I've been taking Ezra somewhere with just the two of us while Adde is at school. It's been fun & I just love this kid to death. Isn't he so scrumptious? & he's such a sweet heart. We went to the Rosenbruch Museum last week.

He was terrified right as we walked in (even though we've been there a few times before). He's been watching way too much Planet Earth & knows that Lions like to eat animals. I think he thought they were going to chase him down


finally getting the hang of all the animals & looking through the binoculars (he's a huge fan of binoculars)





***We've also been having our countdown to Valentine's & our Valentine's party which will now be delayed because of the funeral. The kids love waking up each morning to find a heart hidden in the house along with some sort of Valentine treat or activity. & yes...we lost #6


***My mom & dad were able to come stay with us for a week. I miss them & really wish they sell their home fast so they can get on with their lives & make it down to St. George. Lots of Wii tournaments were held & thank you...I beat everyone in a basketball 3 point tournament.

***Lastly of all, our computer of not even one year old, crashed. Sad:( Thankfully I had put all my pictures up until Christmas Eve onto my hard drive. But that means I lost all my Christmas pictures until now. Thankfully I have this wonderful blog that I posted them on & they're saved on here!! Whew! I'm okay only having a few pictures from Christmas rather than none. But it wiped away My Publisher which meant Adde & Ezra's scrapbooks were gone & they were just about ready to prin. The book we made for my mom & dad (which again - thank goodness I saved all my scrapbook pages on my hard drive) was wiped away too. Seriously - if you don't have your pictures or scrapbooks backed up -- DO IT NOW!! Our computer is less than a year old & Vista brought it down. Hate Vista. We will never use it again after this. Now we're up & running & faster than ever! It doesn't matter how new or old your computer is - take the time to back everything up!!

That's us the last few weeks in a nutshell. I know this post is really long but I just feel like I needed to write some things down before I forgot.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I am sorry to hear about you losing PD. That is always hard. Good job keeping an eternal perspective :) Too bad about your computer!!! That has happened to me. Luckily I had most everything backed up. I was able to burn a cd of all of my costco pic uploads and get back what i had lost. So, hopefully that helps :)

westfam said...

EZ is too cute. I'm glad you two are having fun together. Seems like I don't see you all enough these days. Thanks for the invite to fitness pal--I like it. It will be good motivation. My heart aches for Eileen. She is such a great lady. The pictures of Kelly, PD and the old GV gang made me cry. How sad it is to lose a dear friend. The gospel makes it all bearable.

jayni & ben said...

You have been busy. I love your hair short. It is cute either way. But so cute for a change. Sad about your friend :( I hate stories like that.

Melinda H. said...

Kelly & Jessi, I am so sorry to hear about PD! I didn't realize that Kelly had a friend who was sick. I feel for you and your pain. Your right, you can't EVER be prepared for death, even when you know they are going to die. Prepare yourself for the funeral, because that's the hardest seeing them in the casket. We love you guys and pray for you to have peace over losing a loved one!!

Melinda H. said...

Jess, your hair is so cute! I can't believe that you cut off so much and still have it down to your shoulder. I thought for sure it was going to be super short. I am sorry to hear about your computer, that happened to us a few years ago.