BAR 10 RANCH

We were able to join Ryan & his family at Bar 10 Ranch this weekend. On Saturday, the weather was perfect so we spent lots of time outside. We did lots of four wheeling & even made the 30 minute trek on the four wheelers to see the Grand Canyon. It was beautiful, but my heart was pounding a million miles an hour with the kids anywhere near the edge. It was a HUGE drop off - probably over 500 feet.

Every time we got in the ranger, Ezra fell asleep on me & in the most awkward positions. I don't think he liked it very much but the vibration put him to sleep. We also found out that the big EZ is afraid of NOTHING!! We had to hold Adde anytime we stepped outside because Rosco, Ryan's dog, was outside & it got worse as time went on. Ezra, on the other hand, was letting Rosco tackle him, lick his lips & all that gross stuff that I had to wipe him down every time he touched the dog. I hate dogs!! When Kyle pulled out the snakes, Ezra was the first one there trying to hold it. He actually went up & squeezed it really hard I'm surprised it's still alive. & as we were hiking around, he found a couple of very fuzzy caterpillars & he was trying to pick them up as the other kids were backing up. Ezra's just awesome. All boy.

The day we left, it was pretty windy, but we were able to go for another ride & have a picnic out on some really cool rocks that also has big drop offs. What's with all the drop offs? Not very kid friendly. But we had to get back in time for Kelly's fantasy baseball draft. Here we go again, spring is here, which means baseball & all the stuff that comes with it.



4 comments:

westfam said...

I'm sure I would have had several heart attacks if I had been there. It's a good thing I stayed home this time. Looks like lots of fun though!

keli b said...

my parents have been out to Bar 10 Ranch too I hear it's awesome, I really want to go sometime. your kids are growing up so fast, they are adorable

Jobi Niu said...

I would have been so scared too around the drop offs! Looks like fun. That weather looks nice. cute pictures. :]

Carr Family said...

I love that he squeezed the snake. Funny.