the one day a year our family dreads...family pictures. Why is it so stressful?

Every year, Ester gets us altogether with the kids in matching outfits to get our family photos in their backyard. I love it because that means I don't have to find someone to do our pictures - but it is such a STRESSFUL event. Kids running around, crying, getting them to sit still, not wanting pictures taken, no smiles, bugged that Kelly let Adde take her boots off right as we're taking pictures...see the stressfulness (is that a word)& the list goes on. I see light at the end of the tunnel though with our kids getting a little older though. Maybe next year will be better. My kids (mostly Adde) will never smile for the camera. Oh well - atleast they're done. Here's a few of them:









7 comments:

Melinda H. said...

All of your family pictures turned out so cute. I love your hair like that. Did you darken it, or does it look dark with curls? I love how much Ezra loves Santa, maybe next year. I am sure I'll have one similar to it with the twins. The turkey turned out awesome. Also, the picture at the top-right of you and Kelly just dawned on me that it's at my house. I knew it looked familiar! How was Disney? We came home to 6 degree weather, although today it has jumped up to about 35.

Tonia said...

Ah the dreaded family pictures, they really are a nightmare with small children. Yours turned out so cute! I love the outfits and Adde's hair is darling as usual. We have the same problem getting Isabella to smile for the camera, I'm lucky if I can even get her looking at it. It's pretty ridiculous!

Melissa said...

You all look great in the pictures--and your kids are so super cute! Pictures are always so stressfull, but so worth the memories!

Lisa said...

Your family pics turned out way cute! I love that last picture of Ezra and Adde on Santa's lap, a treasure ;)

Shannon said...

I think they turned out great!! and the colors are perfect. and you need to be on a toothpaste commercial

Shaun and Tonya said...

Your fam pics turned out awesome -The BIG group is impressive I love Esters Christmas card -the kids look a lot less thrilled with Santa:)

Grammajo said...

Jessica, you have a beautiful family. It just seems strange to think that you aren't a little girl anymore but that you are now a mother raising a little girl and boy. Even with the stress of the pictures, they turned out just darling.