We had a really good Thanksgiving up north with my family. It was everyone's off year so it just ended up being a few of us - so it was real low key. I had everyone write on these feathers & say one thing they're grateful for. I think I want to start doing it yearly - because normally we just eat & that's our Thanksgiving. Kelly thinks it's pretty "corney" but I thought it was fine - the kids' were the cutest. If you click on it to make it big - you can see it better.
The very small kids table (minus Adde - she's taking a potty break). Normally there are over 30 kids but this year - there were under 10.
Adde with her cousins Isaac & Boston.
The night before Thanksgiving, my sister, Melinda, & I did a craft for all the grandkids. This is when all of them showed up & it got pretty hectic. They made the cute little turkey head bands, dipped pretzels in chocolate & played a few games. It was fun to see all my family. Adde & Ezra both were napping the entire time - but it was kind of nice I didn't have to worry about 2 more kids.
I'm sad to be home. I had a lot of fun with my family & seeing friends. But we're off to Disneyland in a few hours & I'm so looking forward to the magic kingdom!! Hope everyone else had a happy thanksgiving! Now we're counting down the days til Christmas!!
4 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving! There are no pictures of you and Kelly. I am so glad you guys came up. It was soo good to get together (we should have got a pic) and meet Kelly! Have fun in Disneyland you lucky duck! Can't wait to see the pics :)
Looks like you guys had a fun time, we were sad you couldn't come to the Atkin dinner - I am glad you had fun anyways. So I have an embarrassing story for you. On Saturday I was running by your house and I saw Kelly out with Ezra by your car. Anyways, I thought he saw me so I waved and started running towards your house and Kelly went inside when I was about 10 feet from your house. There was a guy out too and so I pretended like I was lost and just turned around and started running again. I felt a little sheepish, it was funny though. Tell Kelly thanks for making me look like an idiot!
It was so much fun seeing you guys! And thanks for doing the crafts and activities! You are so creative and all the kids loved it! Have fun in Disneyland! I am jealous!
how long was adde's potty break? did you beat her into submission?
rj
Post a Comment