We got so much snow that Kelly & Adde went out to build a snowman. They were out for maybe 10 minutes when I hear Kelly screaming my name & holding Adde at the door. I open it up to see blood shooting out Adde's eye. We dropped everything & ran to the emergency room.
She was walking while holding a stick. She kind of tripped & the stick poked her eye. It didn't pierce through thankfully & everything seemed to be okay. The doc decided against stitches since they would have had to sedate her & it could have done more damage. They cleaned it out & gave us ointment to put on it. When her eyes are open, you can barely see it, now that the swelling has gone down. & it already looks tons better.
When Adde was Ezra's age she popped the corner of her eye open from hitting the corner of her bed while throwing a tantrum. That eye is going to have some nasty scars. Atleast they are in the creases & she'll be able to wear makeup to cover it up. If you look really close at the same eye - you can see in the corner the split.
I have to post pictures of all the snow we got. We actually got even more added to this the next day. It is SO crazy. We are supposed to be getting more today. It makes for a fun Christmas - then it can all go away.
7 comments:
Poor lil girl!
She's so cute though!
And that pic of you below w/her is so gorgeous!
Enjoy the snow!
I hope it goes away the morning after Christmas!
xOxOxO
My friend did that exact same thing when she was little, but the stick went into her eyeball and it sometimes looks like she has a lazy eye out of one eye when she is looking at you. Adde got pretty lucky. That kind of stuff always makes me nervous.
You guys did get a lot of snow! That's crazy for St. George.
I am so glad she is ok and that the eye didn't get messed up! GEEZ! Kids scare me so bad sometimes!
BTW...we are going to my mom in laws wedding in Feb and I'll be checking out your website for hair help. :) Thanks for having that for me...I mean for all. :)
"In the eye?!! You've got to be careful! You've only got one of them, you know." Remember this quote from Kelly when John got shot in the eye? Adde is too cute to let a little scratch bring her down. We are glad that she is okay. Happy Christmas and New Years.
Poor thing and poor MOm! Does she know she take sat least 5 years off your life with each incident? Scary --I'm glad her eye was okay.
scary scary glad she's okay!
I can't believe how much snow you guys got! That is awesome!
Post a Comment