Atkin Reunion

I am way over due for a post. I like to look at everybody else's blogs but I feel like I have had NOTHING to post about lately.

I LOVE Labor Day Weekend.
1 - It means all the holidays are around the corner!!!
2 - Fall is on it's way
3 - The weather here in St. George drops to the 90's sometime in September!!
4 - All the yummy fall smells (did I mention I love fall)!
5 - Kelly gets Labor Day off!!
6 - The Atkin Family Reunion in Enterprise - meaning lots of yummy food!
7 - I get to put my white shoes & pants away & wear fall clothes (well since we live in St. George I have to put fall clothes off a little bit later - but I am SUPER excited for my kid's fall clothes. It's so fun for new outfits, right?)

Every year, we go to beautiful Enterprise (surprisingly - it really is pretty there with all the farmland). For those of you who don't know where it is - it's about 45 minutes north?? of us (I really don't know the direction. Maybe north-west from St. George). Anyway - Kelly's aunt & uncle live there on a farm & his Uncle Fenton makes yummy dutch oven turkey chunks & potatoes & lots of garden veggies. They have lots of fun games & prizes for all the little ones & farm animals to see. It really is such a fun tradition. And the weather there, did I mention, is like a 15-20 degree difference!! It is beautiful at this time of year.

Here are a few pics from the day. As we were eating, a HUGE wind gust came & brought in lots of gray, stormy clouds & even cooler weather. So this is all I got.

Ezra was so funny with that candy necklace. He never took it out of his mouth. He just walked around for like an hour, sucking on the candy.

There was a praying mantis crawling in the grass. At first, it just looked like a stick but then it started moving. That's about as close as Adde got.

Ezra, on the other hand, kept trying to grab it. He LOVES bugs & insects. Look how cute his tiny finger is (covered in candy necklace dust).

Kel & Adde Jane. Of course, she can't have a normal smiling face. Pretty cute, though.

Ezra & Makayla. Cute Cousins!! They like to follow each other around. Notice Ezra still has the necklace in his mouth.

7 comments:

Carr Family said...

Ezra's shoes = P.I.M.P.

Do they come in a size 9.5? (mens, that is)

Andrea Ingersoll said...

Finally a post. You and I were both on a blogging slum for a while. I like summer way more than fall, but the fall is way nicer in St. George. It's like perfect weather. Up here it goes straight from summer to winter. There is only like a week of fall. Oh how I want to move to st george again :( How in the world am I ever going to talk Austin into it? Oh...I thought you were coming up here in August, by the way. Did you come up and forget to call...I hope not. Austin and I might go down there the weekend of Sept. 20th. Hopefully - if Austin stops being a party pooper. Okay - so I haven't watched any of The Hills. Well, I only watched the first episode because Austin and I don't have TV right now. AH I'm going crazy. All my TV shows started this week. We are getting it tomorrow though. It is dumb though.

Pulsiphers said...

Your kids are so cute. I can't believe how big Adde is getting she looks so old, Well from the last time I saw her.

Lisa said...

Wow! I think this was the longest you have ever gone without doing a post. Cute pics! I do love Ezra's hand with the candy necklace powder on it...thanks for pointing it out. Of course your kids look so cute! I am very excited to fall also! That's why I put my decorations up on September 1st. Love it!

KayDee said...

Jess- Your blog is way cute! Will have to have you teach me a few things. Saidee will be big like your kids before I know it. People say it goes way to fast!

The Steel's said...

Labor Day weekend is always a good time for sure. It was fun to see you guys at the reunion. Sorry I never called you, we ended up having things every hour. I think we are coming in October so we should have a play date or a date night minus the kiddos. Either way, we should get together. I love Ezra's cool muscle tee, I am glad someone wears them besides Tate. Ezra looks so cute in them. And I love little Adde, she is so gorgeous!

Shaun and Tonya said...

Seasons rocks and I love traditions! Do you ever get true fall or winter clothing in St George? I love getting out new clothes for my girls as well --I'm sick of theer current wardrobe