Kel cooking for us. Ezra was drawn to the flames of the fire & wanted to hop in.
Adde was grumpy because she slept for like 10 minutes on the way there & then we woke her up. She wouldn't look at the camera, surprise. They played lots in the dirt. Me & Kelly HATE dirt. We never let our kids play in it & are constantly grabbing the wipes to wipe them up (poor kids, right?) Adde is just as bad as we are & hates getting dirty. Ezra, on the other hand, was in heaven. He was grabbing it & chucking it everywhere. We had to just accept the fact that he was going to get dirty & it was going to be okay. It was so hard to watch him though & just let him do it.
First, it was the cheese & crackers.
Then the chocolate chip cookie.
And finally, the dirt.
We still had a lot of fun though. It's actually really pretty there with the little reservoir & mountains surrounding it. The weather is atleast 10-15 degrees cooler than St. George, which really does make a big difference. & Just as we were leaving, we saw the most awesome, summer lightning storm.

Me, Adde, Ester, Rachel & Abbey all went and suffered through 2 hours of St. George Musical Theatre's Production of High School Musical. I think the movie is so cute. But tell ya what - it was a terrible production. Adde kept saying she was tired & wanted to go home. When it was the intermission she was so sad that we couldn't leave & there was still more & she thought everyone else was leaving. Little did she know we had another hour left. But she was much better the second half & I think actually liked the ending. Good thing that was the last day - because I would be telling any of you if you had tickets to not go!!
Then on Sunday, Kelly & I finally got nabbed into talking. It was the fourth time they have asked us since we have been in our house & we've always had an excuse. Man, they're not messing around. This time, we couldn't get out of it. At least we'll be done for a few years, hopefully. I was so glad when it was all over though. My talk was only 5 min. long and it was supposed to be 15 so sweet Kelly got to talk for like 20-25 minutes!! Ha ha!! That's what he gets for going last.
We really do love our ward now, as we are getting to know people better. It's been a slow going process. I think it's because I'm in primary and it's harder to meet people. I love my little primary class though. They are so cute. And Kelly recently got called as a Priest Assistant & he's pretty excited to be back in Young Men's.
8 comments:
Next time you go to the canyon and I will make sure I am not busy, that looks like fun. I am the same way about dirt....no thanks for me. I wish you would have told me you were speaking I would have come!!! and watched your cute kids. Being new takes time, it always seems like maybe a year or so and than you start to know almost everyone. It will come. Suzanne to Kaitlyn to High School Musical at Tuachan, she said it was horrible to.....glad I wasn't there. Nothing worse than sitting through a bad play in the heat, with kids......she is a good grandma.
So if you guys hate dirt so much how did you manage on that 4-wheeler ride we took you on? Did you know getting out in the dirt gives little kids the immunity they need so they don't get so sick? We have had to talk 3 times in our ward and we've only lived here for 2.5 years. I have a bunch of friends that have told me that they love your little girl hairdos and they use them on their little girls all the time.
Hahah that's so funny you hated the play that bad!!! I probably would have hated it too! But, your little adventure looked fun! Austin would never do that. He hates going to the canyon or doing anything that takes a little bit of extra effor...ANNOYING! K...talking in church is the worst. I hate talking in public. Like the first month we were in our ward, we got callings, said the sacrament prayers, and talked!!! That was 2 years ago and they are already calling us again!!! AGAIN.....ANNOYING. When we spoke though...I spoke for like 3, literally. Austin spoke for 25 and we still ended short. It was BAD news! I'm surprised they're asking us again with how bad it went! I would always make up an excuse when they called me so they finally started calling austin. He was like "SURE!" of course. Oh, but we did see your brother Russ & his wife at our ward with your mom! Cute lil family! They said they NEVER see you guys down there!
Your camping trip looks so fun...It makes me want to get out in the trees and dirt for some family fun adventure time. A quick note on the talk...Lige always gets off the hook and it's due time he get a good long time frame to give a talk.
HA! I laughed out loud at the picture of EZ gooping Kelly with chocolate! Kelly, I am proud of you that you finally got out into nature. The little woodland creatures have been yearnig for your company for years. The little bunnies, chipmunks, squirells, fawns with their white spots- all were singing, "Rejoice, rejoice, Kelly is among us again!" I hear that you really made their day. Good jerb!
PS I just finished Ender's Game and I can finally confirm that you have been telling the truth all these years. It was SO good. So two thumbs up for the West's book recomendations (Life of Pi and Ender's Game). Thanks you little dirt monkeys!!
I'm glad you went camping - can't understand why you hate the dirt so much?? Oh, yeah - you weren't raised in a tent camping - you were lucky to have a trailer or motor home. Will you go again? Dirt always washes off - the great memories you create for your kids will be forever ... I think seeing a play after a great movie is always hard, that's too bad it was horrible. I wish we cold have heard you speak! Bet it was great!
Can't believe you guys had to speak again in church. I would have said you were moving! J/k but sad we missed Baker tin foil dinners. Next time..Next time..
OK- This is the 3rd time I have tried to post a comment and it keeps telling me that blogger is unavailable, so I really hopes this works this time. Anyways, I was just telling you that I miss you and I am glad to see that you are having a fun summer. CAmping looks like so much fun! I saw that you called me a couple times and I tried calling you back, but we need to catch up! Your blog looks so cute and so do you! I have a lot of friends who use your hair blog. I love seeing their girl's hair when they have tried something new! Call me when you get a chance! Obviously I haven't been good at blogging this summer, but I will get there!
Post a Comment