Tough Shed Not So Tough



Last week, we had a HUGE wind storm pass through Santa Clara. The wind seems to be so much worse up here on the heights than anywhere. Kelly called me right as the wind started & wanted me to go out and fix the stakes on the trees. But my visiting teachers were coming (really it was because I had just gotten ready & didn't want to go out in the wind and rain and get all gross). So he came home from work to fix them and right as he did - he saw all his glory fall to the ground. This shed seriously had taken him a month to do to this point. And notice that it is still missing the roof. These pictures are from the next day, but right after the storm had passed, this shed was laying on it's side, all bent up. It was just a cheap one- just $300 but not it is going to turn into a quick $600. Kelly's pretty torn over it because of all his hard work!! That's what we get for living in such a windy area.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

I feel so bad for Kelly! That was crazy seeing that! Good luck with the next one :)

The Steel's said...

Oh so Sad. That happened to our old neighbors and lots of stuff inside blew away with it. I guess it was kinda lucky you were home, but sad too. Maybe for the Great Race we can all get together and build one for you guys. You should get a refund if this purchased shed can't hold up to a Santa Clara wind storm!

trex said...

I think it is quite funny that his shed blew over! Poor Kelly shedding a tear. He told me how he tried to get you to run outside to save it! The he went on to tell me how he tried to save it himself in the rain. I could see it now. Tears streaming down his face with the rain and wind blowing! Kelly you still have your garden don't you?

Melinda H. said...

That is so sad! Try a wood one next time, especially if it's so windy where you live. Poor Kelly and all his hard work. Although I do remember the iron decoration that he hung in your bedroom in your last place (the millions of screws, remember?). He has great craftsmanship and I don't understand how that shed could've blown down, j/k! Don't show this comment to Kelly!! Has he seen any goats lately? Can't wait for you guys to get here on Wednesday! I need your flight itinerary. email me.

Russ and Suz Adamson said...

I was laughing at "Trex's" comment. although this is NOT a funny situation, it did make it lighter!! Anyways, have so much fun in Anchorage which I know you will. Call us when you get back. Call me so it forces me NOT to be a hermit in my home and go and play.

Jen Hill said...

Wow - that is crazy! The wind is really strong up on top of the hill where we are too. It was probably the same day that I came home and found both of our garbage cans blown half way down the street and my kids little plastic swimming pool was gone - they were pretty sad but at least it's only $10 to buy a new one not $300!

John and Mikelle Hafen said...

oh no, we heard about this!