So - we got our sod in over the weekend!! We are so excited. It's nice to have family that know what they are doing and help out. And it's so nice that Kelly had the experience from landscape architect classes before he switched degrees. He is doing such a good job at designing it & has had so much fun doing it. So next to get in is our trees-bushes-plants-flowers, swingset, garden & shed(Kelly thinks that's his priority), wood chips & I think we can call it good. I'm so excited for the finished product. I didn't think it would be that much work just to get the grass in. You have to dig, then level, then the sprinkler & then curbing. But it will be all worth it when it's finished. It's so nice to have a fenced in yard and send the kids outside to play. Adde was so excited to fly her kite on the newly laid sod. I came home Friday & Lester was over laying the front lawn all by himself!! What a surprise. It was such a nice thing for him to do and it looks good.
Sod Day
So - we got our sod in over the weekend!! We are so excited. It's nice to have family that know what they are doing and help out. And it's so nice that Kelly had the experience from landscape architect classes before he switched degrees. He is doing such a good job at designing it & has had so much fun doing it. So next to get in is our trees-bushes-plants-flowers, swingset, garden & shed(Kelly thinks that's his priority), wood chips & I think we can call it good. I'm so excited for the finished product. I didn't think it would be that much work just to get the grass in. You have to dig, then level, then the sprinkler & then curbing. But it will be all worth it when it's finished. It's so nice to have a fenced in yard and send the kids outside to play. Adde was so excited to fly her kite on the newly laid sod. I came home Friday & Lester was over laying the front lawn all by himself!! What a surprise. It was such a nice thing for him to do and it looks good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh my gosh...we were so shocked about Bachelor. I can't believe he sent her home; I thought he was totally into her! I guess I'm now hoping for Amanda and Noelle, although I think Noelle will go home quickly. Austin & I were like...we're not watching anymore if Holly goes home, cause we for sure thought Marshana would and then Holly went home and we're like...hmm...well I guess we have to finish the season to see who wins now! haha...yeah it was lame, but Holly was kinda acting dumb on the date!
Anyway...yeah my sister lives just down the street so they are in our ward--it makes sacrament meeting a little more entertaining! She is a cutie!
The weather looks so warm there...I'm wanting to take a vacation down there this weekend cause we have snow on the ground again here....it got freezing again! It sucks so bad!!
Your yard looks like it's going to be beautiful though! That's exciting...it will be nice to have it all done for the kids to play in! Okay well do you think this comment is long enough? It probably doesn't even make sense...
Hey Jessica. I have been meaning to get back to you forever and here I am a whole week later....anyway...I love the new pics of your kids. I always want to take home all the pictures too. Did you know that they don't have sprinkler systems out here? I thought that was the weridest thing at first and then I met "humidity" and understood.
I got the CD in the mail and haven't even had a chance to play with it yet. Bob and Shayla were here...YEAH....FRIENDS...but tommorow is the day I get to take a look at it. To get my pictures black and white I just go to mode/grayscale. I use the magic wand to select the part I want in color and move that section over on my page and then I change the whole picture to black and white and move it over and then line them up. You have probably already figured it all out. Call me if it is all babble up above. I never make sense. Hope you and the fam are doing good. Talk to ya soon.
Did you see the "Hill's" last night? Always Drama...Always have to watch!!!
Congrats on your sod, guys! That is such a nice thing - GRASS!
Yea! Your yard is huge. How fun to have such a beautiful new house and now a great big yard. I am excited to see it one day.
So for my header--I downloaded some free scrapbooking stuff on shabbyprincess.com and just made it myself. Is there an easier way to do it? haha well I guess I don't really have a scrapbooking program, which would probably be easier so maybe that's the way I have to do it? Oh well...it works!
Post a Comment