10 years ago what were you doing?
I would have been 14 & in the eighth grade. I was all giddy for boys - I had a boyfriend that was hot stuff. Thinking my friends were my life & didn't care about my family. I was probably the biggest brat to my parents (no - my sisters will tell you I WAS the biggest brat). I was cheering and getting ready for ninth grade cavemen tryouts. I was just at the age that it was awkward puberty.
Things on my to do list for today (i'll do tomorrow since today is sunday night)
Get Adde ready for dance in the morning and hope that Rachel comes on time to pick her up :)
Print Ezra's birthday invitations and send them out.
Go to the grocery store.
Enjoy my peace & sanity while Ezra naps and Adde has quiet time
Take a walk to grandma Ester's and play in her big yard.
FHE with the Knechts (come on Brooke - get on it)
Snacks I enjoy:
Oh - this is too hard for me because I am a totally junkie and food lover.
I love chips & salsa - crave it all the time
any sugary treat (preferrably fruity but I'll take anything that is there)
popsycles, icecream, smoothies, anything cold
macademian nut cookies, ummm...good
What would I do if I were suddenly a billionaire?
I would do what everyone else has already said...invest, build dream home, put money aside for our kids, buy beach front property in Hawaii, but the thing that I would love most is to travel the world, of course in my private jet plane.
3 bad habits:
1.I have no patience, especially lately with Adde (working on it)
2.Kelly tells me that this is a bad habit. I take forty five minutes in the morning to do adde's hair, even when we only have 5 minutes. He calls me the Hair Nazi. (it really is not 45 min. he's a guy - what does he know when it comes to a little girl's hair)
3.I could stay inside all day long if I didn't have to go anywhere. It's been known that I have stayed inside without even a toe out the door for like 3 1/2 days once (and that was recent - I went outside and out of nowhere a house had been framed next door during that time - where was I?). I'm a home body - but now that my kids are getting older - I can't do that.
places i have lived:
1. American Fork, UT
2. Logan, UT - go AGGIES
3. Henderson, NV
4. Washington, UT - we call it dog town - glad I'm outta there
5. St. George, UT
6. Santa Clara, UT (don't worry - kelly and I have moved 6 times since we've been married - we're more permanent now)
Jobs I have had:
Good ol' 5 Buck Pizza
I cannot remember for the life of me the name of this place. Is it PGM? or something - a calling center - only worked there for like 3 days and then I was outta there
Timp Cave (gift shop)
Receptionist at Orthopeidic office
Dance Magic - me and Rach were the only employees. SWEET - so I was the manager
5 things people don't know about me:
1. I HATE HATE calling people more than anything. I know - what a shocker - I'm such a talker but I make Kelly even call my own family sometimes.
2. I have to floss my teeth every single night or I feel yucky!! And I still wear my retainers every single night!!
3. I have major OCD, especially if I'm doing something, like cleaning. If my kids are crying while I'm cleaning I have to finish my mental list before I can get them or I get anxiety. Being late makes me get anxiety. And making sure things are in perfect order. This OCD list could be huge. 4. My parent in-laws names are Ester & Lester West (sorry Ester - but most people think I make it up)
5. I hate being tickled more than anything to the point it makes me get mad because I am so ticklish.
5 people I tag:
Rach, Megan, Amie, Melinda G., & Shelli
8 comments:
This is the best post! I feel like I know you so well now. So funny! I love all the things you said. All of your things make me feel much more normal with my ocd and craziness. I can't stay in all day though..I go crazy! People think it is hilarious that Ester and Lester West are real married fold..we get that a lot too!
So the patience thing...it's never going to happen. I've tried to learn patience but now I've just given up. Although, the older the kids get, the less I feel like I lose my temper with them. Good luck with it! Oh ya, you are still a brat! j/k
This is GRRREEAAATTT! The QB has turned into an OCD Hair Nazi that worked for 3 days with PMS - I mean at PGM - and is married to someone who can't keep time...all the while making up nicknames for the in-laws. Way to be, Jess...Love YOU!
By the way, your Blog is way cute, too - love the picture of Adde and Ezra....that's a keeper.
Jess, Jess, Jess you will always be the #1 QB in my heart!!
HeHeHe
Your favorite big brother Jason.
I am really glad that you could admit that you WERE a brat! I probably made you into one.
Your blog looks really cute with all of the new paper and header. Good job.
Next time Kelly starts harassing you about taking time to do Adde's hair just ask him how long it took him to blow-dry his perfect wave hair-do in sixth grade. He'll be the first to admit that it was time well spent. -- Lige
Post a Comment