So this morning, Ezra woke up with gubery & swollen eyes. He's had a cough for about three weeks now that just won't go away. This morning was the last straw - it was time to take him in to see the doctor. I'm the mom who hates taking their kid in until I think it's serious enough. They weren't able to get us in until their night light clinics and his eyes just kept getting yucky & I thought he might have a sinus infection. Nope. He has pneumonia, 2 severe ear infections & pink eye. Poor boy:( But what a trooper he is. I had no idea he was hurting anywhere. Today was the first day he started acting fussy and wanted to be held.
The doctor said that where he has had a cough for that long & has shown no sign of progress, it went so deep into his lungs that it caused pneumonia. And since he's all plugged up, he got an ear infection & pink eye. He doesn't seemed to be bothered by any of this - the doctor didn't seem too worried. I'm very worried that the rest of us are going to be getting pink eye here in the next few days, especially me & Adde. So look out!!
I'm so sorry to those who have been exposed, I hope that nobody catches anything. Lige & Shelli make sure Sharla knows that if Bree gets anything to take her right in. This can be really serious on babies so I hope for the best that we have not exposed any friends' kids that we have been around lately.
As for us, Ezra's on an antibiotic and eye droppers so we're on the road to recovery (hopefully). BTW thanks everyone for the tips on cleaning our couches. We tried alot of them, but those little hand prints don't seem to want to go away. It's not as bad now, slowly going away(I'm sure it's because the grease is picking up onto other people's clothing as they sit). But thanks for your support!! That's why bloggings great, eh?
9 comments:
poor boy! I feel so sad for him, I hope Adde doesn't get it, she'll probably be more miserable than Ez. Hope he gets better soon
I hate having sick kids. Liam's had the run's and that is no fun for me or him. I hope it all passes over soon and life gets back to normal for you.
I am the same way about not taking my kids to the dr's until I absolutely have to. How sad for Ezra. I can't believe he hasn't been more awnry for you the last few weeks. Hunter is home sick from school. He wants to go to school, but he keeps getting a fever and a sore throat. I give him medicine and he thinks he's better, until it wears off. He doesn't get it that medicine is a reliever for a few hours. Good luck! Hope you all don't get it.
It must be a family thing, because I don't ever take the kids in till I have to. We went to the doctor today ourselves, and Jaxson has a bad infection! Sounds like Ezra is really taking a beating. Hope he can get over it quickly. Just use lots of hand santitizer and you should be able to keep off the pink eye - we've had it a few times.
Poor guy --Sadei usually has an ear drum about to burst before I have a clue soemthing si wrong --Sav alwasy showed teh signs --Ez is one tough guy --Hang in tehir mama
Poor Ezra! Hope he gets better soon, that's no fun for him or you. It is definately a family thing - not taking kids in to the doctor's unless we're kicked in the bumb and dying!
Okay..Your blog is freaking amazing!! Tips?? Please...I need your help. I love your paper, your layout..I love everything! I'm coming over and getting lessons as soon as your kids and my kids get over these stupid illness's. It really put a damper on things!
Suz
ok your blog is so cute. Please teach me how to jazz my blog up!
Poor guy I hope he gets feeling better.
Post a Comment