I had a red eye flight Sunday night coming home from Alaska & Monday was my birthday. Kel pulled the kids from school, got them all ready & picked me up from the airport. We went to breakfast & then off to the zoo. It was one of the most fun times at the zoo. Most beautiful weather with no crowds & all the animals were out & about. & Ruthie - oh she LOVED all the animals.
We've been wanting to go to "This is the place" monument for awhile & haven't been able to get up there. It was a perfect time to go. Kelly has an ancestor whose home is replicated from Atkinville & we really wanted to just check that out & leave. We ended up staying longer here than we did at the zoo. The kids loved everything they had to offer. We toured through a few buildings, they had fun activites for the kids & their petting zoo was so fun. It was just beautiful weather & once again - no crowds. We got to see William Atkin's home. It is fun to tell the kids about our ancestors. They are very interested & always have questions.
I had an awesome birthday & loved everything about the day. All I wanted was to spend time with my little fam. When we got home, Kelly & the kids had presents waiting to be opened. The kids were the most excited & I loved everything they got me.
No comments:
Post a Comment