Seriously?? 8 weeks? That's almost 2 months! I just need time to SLOW down with this little one. I've never wanted one of my babes to stay so little as much as Ruthie, knowing she is our last.
This week, Adde had a fever one day & the next her throat was sore {she says she's fine now} It took everything to keep her away from Ruthie. Ezra started with a stuffed up nose on Monday but nothing has come from it. We've also tried to keep him away from her & not kiss or touch her face. It's so hard for these 2 kids to not be so close to their baby sister. Adde has pretended a couple times that she feels totally find to sneak a love in. It breaks my heart. We've been pretty lucky in our family since Ruthie has been here with small sicknesses - nothing too big. Let's cross our fingers it stays that way.
Ruthie is smiles left & right now. I lay her down for a nap & she smiles up at me - it's hard not to pick her up & just play with her. She's still sleeping lots in the day but getting more on a schedule. She has always been a great sleeper at night but only if she sleeps with me. So we've been trying off & on the last few weeks to get her in her crib. It's only worked a few times. For some reason, she wakes up around 10ish & is fussy for the next hour and a half. We are determined to make her sleep through that & like her crib. It's easy to just pick her up because we know she'll fall right back to sleep in our bed. The last 2 nights - I am happy to say that she has slept in her crib most of the night. Last night - she even slept through her fussy period. We started a routine at night to see if that would help. A bath, story & nurse. Then we swaddle her really tight & I think that is what has helped her the most. I can't wait till she's on a set schedule - it will make life easier.
My girlie is getting chunkier every day. Her legs - so squishy already. I love them. Her lips are so sweet - she always pouches them out - & they are screaming for me to kiss on them all day. She always has this happy look in her eyes - like she's going to smile all day. & if she cries - you know something is really wrong becaues she hardly cries when she's hungry too. What a sweet baby! She has outgrown all of her newborn clothes & it is fun to wear her 3 month clothes.
She still spits up like crazy even with the reflux medication she is on. It makes me sad - but she doesn't cry ever - so it must not be burning her at all as it comes up & back down. She always smells so sweet....I could just hold her up to me & smell her all day. I love to see Kelly with her because he is so inlove with his girlie too. Adde's got some competition now because Adde is 100% her daddy's little girl. She will do anything for him & as would he. Now he's got 2 girls to love on.
Love you baby Ruthie or our baby Ruth, like Ezra always likes to say.
No comments:
Post a Comment