2011 fall piano recital

Since I'm just a few weeks away from my delivery date, I scheduled my piano recital for Nov. 14th, to make sure I would be able to be there. That being said, last week was my last week of teaching piano. It has been bitter sweet for me. I LOVE all my kids & am sad to not have them coming over anymore. But I'm so excited to have this baby & not be teaching. I started teaching Adde in September. She is really loving it & doing great! I will continue to teach her with the babe - so I'm excited to see her learn & grow.

Adde got to join us for the recital. She had been looking forward to it since about 3 weeks ago. Just so excited to play for everyone. She even played for the West family at our Thanksgiving dinner Sunday night. I kept asking if she was getting nervous & she said I'm so excited. But I could see once she was in the spotlight, she got a little nervous. She was quiet announcing her songs & I could just see in her eyes. But she did amazing!! We were so proud of our little girl! She played Ode to Joy by Beethoven & then Eensie Weensie Spider by Faber as a duet with me. So proud of my girlie for getting in front of people to play!

All the other kids did so awesome too & made me such a proud teacher! I really will miss them so much. I loved Brittany when she played, she quit half way & said okay I'm just gonna stop there! She was SO nervous but she did so good! I'm so proud of her for facing her fears! She hates me right now I'm sure for making her play!  I combined my recital once again with my neighbor, Melissa Ord & it turned out great having them there also!








No comments: