Neither Kel or I have been a cruise before so we were excited {mainly for the food}. The ship was HUGE & amazing. It was awesome walking straight onto the promenade to see the shopping & food area - it was amazing we were on a ship & not at a mall.
We walked around the ship waiting to leave. I hardly took any pictures of it at all - but the whole top of the ship was swimming pools & splash pads - it was pretty sweet.
I didn't take my camera off the ship in Belize because we went CAVE TUBING & I didn't want it to get ruined or stolen. We had to take a tendor to get to Belize that was about 20 minutes long. So Belize was really not that pretty {atleast what we saw}. It was a disappointment & very dirty. Trash all over the streets. We were on a spider web nasty old no AC bus for an hour both ways. It was about a twenty minute hike, carrying our tubes, following other tour groups to get to the beginning point. In our group, we tagged along with some people from St. George that are Ryan & Melinda's {kelly's bro & wife} friends so it was nice to have someone we knew. The cave tubing was cool - just pretty much sat in a tube, hooked our feet to the people in front of us & went down {slowly} the river as the guide paddled all of us! We had lights on our head so we could see all around us.
By the time this day had come, with all the traveling & being in the heat & around a million people, I had a major headache & once again went to bed at eight. I woke up in the morning to find Kelly had ordered room service & just watched movies & all through the night. I felt bad I was such a loser.
On Wednesday, we ported in Costa Maya {this was the place we had heard is most people's least favorite}. We got off the ship with NO plans. It was by far my favorite day. The ocean was crystal clear BLUE. It was beautiful. The beaches were not as pretty cuz they were really rocky. We decided to hit a beach. Of course there are a million people trying to get you to buy things from them....we took a table & chairs & layed out for awhile. We got massages on the beach that was pretty awesome...there may or maynot have been some exposure going on since they do it right there. Kind of crazy. We ate a very delicious meal on the beach with chips & guac. & salsa. That was probably my favorite food of the whole trip. But when we got the bill - we were not happy. We overpayed & Kelly was not going to talk him down {they kept telling us they were getting a menu next week & wouldn't tell you prices & our meal probably should have been $20-$30 & we payed $60 for it!!} I was not happy about how much we payed for our meal but Kelly kept saying it was well worth just sitting on the beach which is true.
We went snorkeling with random people. The guys we were with picked up a HUGE star fish, & these little tiny starfish that looked like spiders & they were crawling all over us. He kept finding conshells every time he would go down. He also found a sand dollar. It was an awesome snorkeling adventure. We decided to walk back to the ship instead of catching a taxi. We could see the ship & we just had to walk along the beach - but it was probably just less than 2 miles. Oh - what a smart idea! We totally were on a gravel road with bushes & trees so high we couldn't see the ships anymore. When we finally made it back to the shopping center where you port, there was barbed wired fences all around & a security guard had to let us in. Thank goodness Kelly can speak Spanish.
We had 2 formal nights. The first one, we discovered Kelly forgot to bring his white dress shirt!! He just needed some gold chains to go with the outfit!
8 comments:
Thats awesome. What a great trip. But what's up with Kelly forgetting his shirt? He did the same thing when he came out to DC!
Can't wait to see you guys in June!
I seriously can't believe that you listened to people about the boat being so big that you didn't need motion sick medicine!! It doesn't matter how big the boat is, it matters how fast the boat is going. The only time I didn't get sea sick was because the boat in hawaii went so slow to each island that I didn't even have to take anything. BUT...at least you had fun. I loved Tulum. It was amazing to see it all and to hear about the sacrifices made there. Aren't the cruise ships amazing? It's like a floating little city. Now we need to plan to go on one with you guys...that would be so much fun!
I got SOOOO SICK on our cruise as well. I would take medicine for nausea/motion sickness and it would KNOCK ME OUT!! So I slept a ton. ha ha but it looks like you still had fun! I'm lovin your hair & you look great.
I am so glad we got to hang out!! Can't wait for our Girls Trip 2011!!!
All I can say is sorry you got sick and you are very brave --- Jason is still trying to get me to go on a cruise - but I am just too terrified. I know, I know, . . . it's not the Titanic, BUT! This is chicken heart he's trying to convince. I'm safe on land :)
I love the adventure you had of walking back to the ship ... it is a good thing Kelly can speak Spanish. The little "surprises" you got to come back to each time are pretty funny!
p.s. sorry about the two deleted comments above - that was me - ooops!
Post a Comment