From the day we traded in Sally to get Fluffy, Adde's chicken, she has been laying eggs almost every single day. Not bad. We like going out & checking if she has dropped an egg & sometimes we catch her right in the midst of laying the egg & the egg will be warm.

Horse, Ezra's chicken we traded for Alec, has been nothing but a nuisance. We've even considered giving her back to Ryan. But Fluffy needed a friend. We weren't sure what Horse was since she wasn't crowing & wasn't laying us eggs - pretty much she was getting free rent from us. But the day after Christmas, Kelly went out to find a beautiful surprise:
Horse laid her first eggs! The beautiful green ones are from her (that may or may not be chicken poop). Kelly was so ornery this morning & he went & checked on the eggs & came running in yelling kids, it's a christmas miracle - Horse laid eggs! So proud of our Horse. & yes - it turned Kelly's mood right around & he was giddy the rest of the day.

**yes...adde & ezra came up with the names themselves. Adde=Fluffy Ezra=Horse

3 comments:

Shannon said...

That is the most snow I have seen in St. George! how fun. I miss that view, there is nothing in Texas, just flat, oh and trees. yea. Glad your chickens are earning their keep in the West home!

The Foxy Fam said...

You are like the cutest mom ever! I love all the Christmas pictures, the egg stories, the names of the chickens, the list goes on and on!! So stinkin' cute! I'm happy to hear that even in St. George you had somewhat of a white Christmas!! :) Your family is DARLING! Can I just say that the picture of Russ totally fits him to a T! :) Hope all is well with Lisa. We've been praying for her TONS. Bless all of your hearts.

Anonymous said...

I SOOOO love the chicken names! Do you eat those eggs? Our neighbors have chickens and they eat love eating their eggs. Glad you got a new camera!