This morning, we had our piano auction & breakfast that we've been preparing for since September. Each week, the kids turned in slips that had their parents signature for each day practiced. For every signed day, they earned 10 West-Earn bucks. It was amazing how much motivation this was for the kids. Brinley didn't miss one day of practicing from Sept. til now. There were many others that practiced more than they ever have.
I had each kid bring their favorite treat to auction & they got to keep that money. I had a ton of prizes ranging from gift cards to flarp (which sold for 200 bucks! - amazing what amuses these kids). the big prize was a $25 gift card to iTunes that sold for 1,010 West-Earn bucks. The kids showed up in their jammies & we ate breakfast before our auction.
Of my 10 kids - I only have 3 girls! Love these girls too! Raegan, Brinley & Belen

Here's all my kids with crazy boys! They can get a little out of hand but when you are all such good friends it's hard to stay under control. They constantly crack me up
2 comments:
What a fun idea! I bet the kids LOVED it!! See you should be the boys teacher they would love piano!!
Also, the elf is a cute idea. I'll have to remember that for next year. The twins would think that's great. They think everything is real :)
The live Nativity sounds like a fun way for my kids to really understand the meaning of Christmas. I was wondering if it was really that cold...or if Adde was just bundled up because it's winter and that's what you do in the winter...even when you live in St. George ;)
Jess! I am always in awe of the 110% you give. I wish Kambrie could be one of your students - how fun that all turned out. I bet they will never forget you as their teacher.
Post a Comment