while my hubby has been away...

...I have been very ambitious to get things done.

Like this beaut for instance: been sitting on our back deck since March. Yes, you heard right, March. I started when Ester gave it to me all excited for it & worked on it for like 2 days - added a roof, took off all the wallpaper - started getting to work painting it & got totally burned out. Since then, I haven't had much time to sit outside & do this (especially in the summer's heat) & since Kelly kept nagging me & telling me I would never get it done - I thought I would surprise him & finish it while he's gone - he still doesn't know I finished it yet!!

the after!! My lovely sister, Tami, or tool-time tami like my bro. inlaw, Ryan, likes to call her, came over & put a roof on top & helped with lots of other stuff too - right from March to present day. She slept at my house over the weekend & helped me finish it & carry it up to our playroom. Can't wait to show Kelly.

I didn't buy anything for this house!! (actually 1 bottle of toll paint because I ran out). Ester had this when she was a little girl, then was passed to her nieces & got it back when Rachel was little & just didn't have room for it anymore. So I'm the lucky one who got it. I LOVE it & I love seeing Adde (& ezra:) play with it. I was able to use lots of Ester's material scraps for all of the bedding & couches & all of my own paint.



This was another thing that came over to our house in March that has been sitting out back since. I understand this picture is flipped but I don't feel like flipping it!! I'm not totally sure - but I think this was made for Rachel when she was little????

I heart a can of spray paint. Sprayed this & a cute house (should have taken a picture) to look like a haunted house that is now sitting on my front porch along with a tree I am spray painting right now to go out there with it. Like I said, I LOVE spray paint. Just need to get a couple more knobs for the drawers & we'll call it done. Something else Kelly has no idea I've done.

I've also cleaned out our empty bedroom **it was a DISASTER** & done lots of other cleaning, put up my Halloween decor because Kelly isn't here to tell me no - that it's too early. But 2 weeks is just WAY too long to be apart. I am ready for him to come home. & especially to see this:

Our little EZ has been wearing big boy underwear!! The last month he kept saying I go potty too - like it's cute & nothing more. He actually would go when we sat him on it. Well - the last week or 2 - he has told me like 5 or 6 times in a day that he needs to go potty or poop & actually has done it. So what do you do when your kid is ready to potty train (i totally wasn't so good thing). I'm so glad he has been wanting to because it has made life fantabulous. He's only had one accident in his big boy underwears so we'll see how he keeps up.

13 comments:

Evans said...

Cute cute! I love how the dresser turned out. HAHA I totally have halloween up already too. who cares right?!?!

Rach said...

They both turned out so cute--good job! HOPE Adde enjoys them as much as I did :)

Rach said...

and GoOD JOB ez--way to potty train yourself. If it was up to your mom--you'd be in diapers forever :)

Tonia said...

You've been so ambitious while your hubby was away, way to go! How exciting that Ezra is potty training himself - I'm secretly hoping Olivia will do the same thing when she's ready.

That doll house is awesome, I would love to find something like that for my girls - so fun!

westfam said...

I can truthfully say that the dollhouse has never looked so good! I'm so impressed with all that you got done while Kelly was gone. I'm glad he is back--safe and sound.

Carr Family said...

Good Jerb Jessica!!! The doll house is fabulous. I'm glad you survived the absences of the hubby...it's never fun to have them gone that long.

Melinda said...

I love the doll house! You guys re so talented ad it looks great!! And yeah for potty training! How nice:)

jayni & ben said...

Good job on all your projects!! I need to be motivated. I have lots of little projects around my house that need to be done. Maybe this post will give me a push :)

John and Mikelle Hafen said...

you've been busy!! once again, i wish i had some of your creativity! you are so talented!

Shannon said...

those projects are so great. what a cute thing to have for your kids

John and Mikelle Hafen said...

we have a few names, but we need suggestions!! send some our way if you have any!!

Megan said...

Oh...I remember playing with that doll house. You did such a good job decorating it. Sounds like you have been one busy girl! I bet it feels so good to have gotten all that done. You are so talented! LOVE IT!

Shaun and Tonya said...

wow you go girl Love your ambition the doll house is fantastic --I'm doing one for christmas I may be calling for pointers Okay and Ezra's potty training isn't fair where are the tears, the sweat, the tears, the frustration --you know the fun of potty training?