A very sad day (atleast for me)

Adde started yet another year of preschool - but this year - she qualified for SUU's program Headstart which is awesome. The sad part about it is she is gone Mon-Thurs from 11:15-4:30. The first day, she actually didn't get home until 5:00!!! I was dying. She may as well be working an almost full time job.

Adde has been excitedly waiting for this day. She mostly could not wait to ride the bus. She's been twice already & LOVES every minute of it. They eat lunch as soon as they get there & get to go out & play for like 45 minutes with a 15 minute exercise program in that 45 min. The program is very structured & perfect for our little Adde Jane with lots of cute little learning centers. I'm not gonna lie - I got all teary eyed as I saw the bus driving off - but then I walked into my very quiet home & it hit me & I just bawled that she's gone. But Ezra gave me a big hug to cheer me up & said in his cute little voice- Adde ride the bus - I'm 4 I ride the bus. I had to smile at that. Now in the day it's just me & the big EZ & I've already done my grocery shopping with just him (heaven) & I haven't had to be the ref of 2 kids fighting all day long. I guess life will get a little better with her gone:)

Waiting for the bus. She went out like 20 minutes early she could hardly wait.

Ezra also waiting - he kept saying he wanted to ride the bus too & I thought he would cry - but he just waved bye to Adde & said have fun!

She was a little nervous at first -not quite sure what to do - but the 2 teachers on helped her get settled right in.

Yep, it's one of those half busses that you pass every so often!

I told Adde I would have a little surprise for her when she got home. Well - I cleaned this day & didn't have much time to bake so at 3:45 I was pulling up (she gets out at that time) from the store with the stuff to make it & hurried & slopped it together. If I would have known she would have been home at 5:00 this day I would have made it look a little cuter & took my time. None the less, she LOVED it.

She walked in & looked right at it & said is that my surprise. She was pretty excited & kept licking the icing off until it was time to eat it.

6 comments:

Rach said...

so sad!! She looks darling though {as does your cake} Did she have fun??

Jobi Niu said...

Oh my goodness, I bet you were dying. Ezra waving bye and saying HAVE FUN.. haha I love it. What a lil stud!

The Steel's said...

Cute cake, and I have the same stand. We have a lot of the same things. That is so sad, but yet so wonderful. I am sure it will get easier as time goes on too.

Spackman's said...

You are the cutest mom in the world! Look how happy she is. I am sad I didn't get to see you while you were here :( We really need to get together!!

Shaun and Tonya said...

I would have cried to --and I rarely cry Poor you --How did she qualify for teh program --She's gone so long What a huge adjustment for your home. I miss my girlies the 2.5 hours they are gone

Carrie said...

I'm really late to commenting, but I just wanted to say I would cry too! Benson is at preschool for 3 hours and I feel sad every minute of it! It's so lame. Anyway and what a good mom to make her a cake! That's adorable.