We also went to the Adamson Family Reunion on a farm...

I picked Kelly up from the airport Friday & we drove to Lewiston for a family reunion. My cousins run a dairy farm & we pitched tents & trailors right on their front yard. We had SO much fun. The first night we were there, they loaded us on this huge hay trailor & pulled it with a tractor & we went on a hay ride. At the end, they had set up fireworks so they stopped the ride & watched them. They were like ten times better than what St. George's 4th were.

The next day, we got our own little tour of the dairy farm. It was seriously way interesting & we even got to drink fresh milk. It was delicious - my cousin said it would be like 5 or 6% milk because it hadn't been pasteurized. I could live off of it - it was so yummy & creamy. Then they loaded us all up in Jackson's horse trailor with all of our tubes. I wish I had a picture of it - it looked like we were crossing the border. We went floating down the river by their house. Ezra fell asleep & Adde was floating in the water with her life jacket floating between Kelly & Jason (when he wasn't knocking everyone off their tubes).

That night, they rented the arena for rodeos. It was the funniest thing ever. Kelly rode a STEER & actually did good - I was impressed. I was expecting him to hit the ground & pop his arm out after he has had shoulder surgery. Tami got flipped straight over it - it was hilarious. I wasn't about to get on one & break my arm. They had money on a calf's tail & the kids chased it, the younger kids did some barrel racing, my cousin's boys did some roping & the little kids got to ride calves. It was hilarious! Ezra would NOT let go of the calf. Kelly ran along side him so he wouldn't fall off because some of the kids got thrown off pretty hard. So Kelly runs along side him yelling at him to let go. They ran more than half the arena until he finally let go. Ezra had a huge grin the whole time riding. Kelly lifted him over his head & Ezra yelled yee-haw!! It was so funny. Adde on the other hand said, after riding the calf, that she does not want to ride a calf again, only the ponies.

After our rodeo, they had set up a projector & screen & my aunt Joann had put together a video of all the past reunions. It was fun to see everyone so little & now we all have kids the age we were.

They had their ponies out so whenver the kids wanted to ride them, they could. It was nice because I didn't feel scared with my kids riding them since they were so small. & they let them ride them right on their front yard. They also had their rangers out so you could just go on rides whenever. There wasn't a moment we were bored - lots of fun things to do.

On Sunday, it was a relaxing day. My dad put together a little spiritual meeting & then we just lounged around until it was time to go. We ate lots of yummy food & visited with lots of cousins I haven't seen for about 5 years. I can't believe it's taken that long for Kelly & I to go to another Adamson family reunion. My kids had a blast & so did we.
 
Posted by Picasa