
I can't believe it's almost been two weeks since we had the Mother/Daughter Tea Party. Every year, we get together with Kelly's mom side & have a tea party. The sisters did it with their moms & daughters & it's a fun tradition to do it with our kids now.
Every year there is a theme & this year, it was Cowboy Tea in memory of Grandpa Atkin who would have been 100 this year & who was a rancher.
Ester & her sisters always decorate it SO cute according to the theme & there is always lots of yummy food. We always strut down the runway to show the little girl's darling outfits, play a few games, take professional pictures (which I'll have to post when we get them back) & did a few cowboy songs & dances.

Here's all the cute decorations (a lot of stuff from Grandpa Atkin)


They yummy cupcakes me, Ester & Rach all made.

Adde, of course, only wanted the cupcakes.

The darling blond is Kaitlyn, a cousin's daughter. Kaitlyn & Adde were super cute together & totally were singing & dancing. Too bad they don't live closer.

These are the Steel's grandkids. They are all pretty close in age to all the West's grandkids, so they had a lot of fun playing & dancing around.

About to walk down the runway to show the girl's outfits. This is one of the only pictures of us West girls (minus Megs - where is she?) together since Ester's camera didn't want to work during the tea party. We had to steal these pictures from Megan Shaheen - so thanks for taking some good pics!!

& this last picture is of the winners this year for the Great Race!! (just lookin' at the pic. & why does my right leg/knee look so much bigger than my left? sad) That's right, like FOUR years of coming in last place - we came for a break through with the win, winning $30 a couple!! Whoo-hoo!! We are rollin' in the dough.
So one of the really fun things about the tea part is that that night, Alice, Ester's sister, puts together a race for us & the Steel's. We draw to see what Steel couple we will be with. Then we drive all over Santa Clara getting our clues & solving puzzles. It is very COMPETITIVE & we are very happy to say because of Michelle's driving skills, Drew's 2 bowling strikes in a row, Kelly's quickness to jump in & out of the car & my killer mind @ solving puzzles - we came in FIRST place this year. Alice puts so much work into it & almost didn't do it this year. & I'm so glad she did because it is always so much fun.
PS Don't mind Jodi in the back ground, who wishes she was part of our amazing team.
or Alice in her jammies with black socks to the right:)
13 comments:
How fun! You look soooo cute in those pics. I love you're hair like that! Adde looks adorable, weird. She never looks cute. NOT...she's like the most amazing child ever. Austin's family did that same race thing for family date night in the winter. It was way fun, but we lost and Adam and Alissa rubbed it in our faces, kinda like what you're doing. Ruuuude! Just kidding. We only didn't win because I went dateless without Austin and we needs his killer mind (just like yours). We will win next year. What are you going to do with your 30 bucks? Pay your truck gas? Probably.
That is a really cute idea. You are so pretty... like amazing!! I want to have a little girl and dress her cute and do her hair cute.
What a fun family you are a part of! That tea party thing is a lot bigger than I ever thought when you talked about it. Its so cute! How fun for you guys :)
What a cute idea! I love the decorations too. You're hair... looks STUNNING! You're a freakin HOT MAMA! Adde's little outfit.. love!
The Mother's Tea was fabulous. We wish we lived closer too. I think Katelyn and Adde would be best friends. She is so cute! I seriously think she has the cutest face ever. And not to mention hair! You should photoshop alice's black socks out next time..tee hee! I don't think I have ever seen her foot, she always has socks on. Way to go on the Great Race, we are happy you won!
It was fun to see your post on the tea and the great race. I really love these traditions!
Wow, did you marry into a fun family or what! The tea party looks adorable...and I'm guessing you hand sewed all of Adde's clothes because only you would have the creativity and skills to do that. I want more explaining on the race, I want to start some fun tradition like that so more details please! It looks like such a fun event for all the big kids. Thanks for the advise on baby einstein. Tyler bought one for Beckem on saturday and he watched it for the first time today. Umm...well he watched it twice in a row and was cooing and talking to himself while his eyes were glued! I think they look kinda lame but wow, babies really do enjoy them!
**So I can't wait until I have a little girl to try out all your cute hairstyles...that blog is awesome. My sister and some of her friends use it a lot so keep it up!
We had so much fun! The cupcakes were my girlies fav part of the tea -they turned out fabulous! You got some great pics! I think Addy is as photogenic as you!
You are so freakin' gorgeous! I'm not even kidding!
And your lil girl always looks os cute!
And I love all the hair ideas... you've got talent girl!
xOxOxO
Jess, I must say you are very photogenic! Have you started on breaking Dawn yet? I finished it yesterday. I was sad that I finished it so fast. I wanted to just savor it. If you don't already have it in your hands, then you can borrow it after Tami gets done.
Jessi you look really good. So tan! It must be that St. George sun. Cute pics.
You look so awesome Jessica. I can't get over how cute your little girl is too. I miss you! Me and Brooke were talking about coming out to see you and Kacy! I thought that would be way fun. And I love your house. I hope I will see you soon!
you and your sweet daughter are cutie pies.
Post a Comment