Kelly & I just got back from Alaska. We had a BLAST!! We went to visit my sister and her family & we were kidless!! We had such a fun time, they planned so many fun things for us to do. It's crazy because it really was light all day long. We would go to bed at midnight and it was still light out. And We went from one extreme weather to another. From sunny St. George up to freezing Alaska, even in June it was still cold.
We went on a Glacier Cruise, which was so awesome. Those glaciers are HUGE & so pretty. We saw seals & sea otters while on it. We went four wheeling all day the next day & saw tons of moose. The scenery there is just unbelievable, it's beautiful. We went hiking where we were able to see out over all of Anchorage & some. We went to a couple movies, a museum & of course played lots of Rock Band. Me, Greg, Melinda & Kelly had a killer band going on. You should have seen the van we bought. We also ate at lots of yummy restaurants. We definately got the five star treatment staying with the Harr's. They always know how to entertain people. Their boys all came with us everywhere, including the twins who are not even one yet, and they were SO good the whole time. Thank you so much for letting us come visit, we had a blast.
6 comments:
The first thing Aust said when he woke up was I kinda miss Jessi. We had so much fun with you guys. I am glad that you were able to do some stuff on your own, that way you didn't feel like every second was with us. How is Kelly's garden? Did it survive without him? Rock band will never be the same. I asked Greg's mom if we could do that as our family talent at their family reunion. What are you doing for dad for father's day? Anything you want me to go in on? I forgot it was father's day.
how fun! Love your winter garb Did you experience cultural and weather shock or what? I'm glad you were able to utilize your time so well
Alaska looks awesome. It's on my list of must see's. It looks like you guys had a great time and some cool adventures minus the kidlets. We still need to plan a trip for next year to somewhere fun, relaxing and cool.
Lige says - I like Outdoor Kelly! He has that "I'm smiling but I'm kind of uncomfortable" look in that picture. Must have been cold. Did it remind you of snowmobiling in Yellowstone? (On New Years at 3AM, Kelly says to a sleepy Ester: "Mom, I'm going snowmobiling in Wyoming for a week." Ester: "What?! When?" Kelly: "Leaving right now. See ya Mom.")
Now that you've experienced Alaska you should be ready to join me on my next trip to Siberia. I don't know if they have Rock Band there, but no one cares if you rock out. I'll pencil you guys in on our awesome calendar--the Kell-endar.
What an awesome trip! I hope I make it to Alaska someday - it looks amazing!
oh that looks so fun! i would love to go there
Post a Comment