It was nice, the first day or two, my dad brought out his tools & fixed all these little things that never got done when we moved in. They were on Kelly's list of things to do, but we all know Kelly's priorities are the yard, so it would have never gotten done. It was nice having a handyman around the house.
But then my dad had to go to the Emergency Room twice while they were here. He had a constant sharp pain & could hardly talk to us. It was so sad to see him in so much pain. It turns out he has pneoumonia & a spot on his lung from a time he had pneoumonia before was inflamed. So he slept more than half the time they were here. I felt SO bad for him. My mom & him were supposed to look for homes but my mom had to do that solo. We had lots of fun with them staying with us still. It's always good to have your mom come stay & help cook & watch the kids:) Kelly & I even got a date night, which I killed him in miniature golf (okay - I beat him by one).
My mom bought the kids a little pool for my yard so she could lay out & dip her feet in. They had so much fun, because it has been way TOO hot lately & that COLD water felt so good.
We also swam at Tami's house in their cute little pool. I told all the kids to look at me and say cheese. Ezra was the only one who looked at me & actually said "cheese"!! What a good boy. Notice Dallin is in a hat in the swimming pool both times. He ran into a corner of a mailbox & popped his forehead open, resulting in five stitches. He wasn't supposed to get it wet or in the sun.
And finally, I had to post a picture of our shed. It has been saved!! Kelly ended up just paying my cousin's husband, Matt, to put it together for us!! Forget trying to figure it out on his own!! So - after we had to "rebuy" the pieces, it turned out pretty good. Except for the dents that are left from the storm.
10 comments:
That shed looks great! You actually can't really see any dents in the picture ... except for that one, and that one, oh - and that one - just kidding! Matt sure quite the handyman - he did a great job.
Love how Ezra IS the only one that looked - he's so cute - did I tell you that JD names his baby doll, Ezra. Funny, huh?
JD has a baby doll????? FUNNY. It was so good to see your mom and dad, I always like hanging out with you guys and laughing until my side hurts. I am glad the shed turned out, I was a little nervous. It will be fun when your mom moves down here.
Your kids are so cute. I can't believe I have never even seen your little boy! I am so glad to hear from you again. We need to see each other soon. Call me when you come down. Love ya tons
I love being in my parents care again! When I'm sick I just drive on over to my parents and my mom cooks me soup and puts movies in and I just feel like I'm 10 again (Cause we all know MEN are HORRIBLE at stuff like that). Anyway.. I love it! I bet it was fun to have them at your house! Ezra ia so dang cute...and your shed (built) looks beautiful! I wish you guys lived up NORTH with us!!! You should buy your parents house so you don't have to say goodbye to it!!!
JD has a doll?? I will have to talk to Carissa about that! Owww...Owww...check out Tami in her bikini. I bet she hasn't seen this or I am sure she would make a comment. Let's get together..ya..ya..ya..(but really). How does tomorrow sound?? Call me.
I'll say it a 3rd time...JD has a doll? I love it! The shed came together nice. Hopefully it won't fly away again. If it does, you should put the witch's socks from wizard of oz under it, ha ha ha!
JESSICA!!!!
I told you to make sure that i am not in the picture with the kids swimming! There I am in my swimming suit:)
Good job on the shed! At least this one made it!
You guys are all lucky to be able to hang out and swim and stuff! How fun!
Jessica DOES play a mean game of mini-golf. But she is so goofy while playing that you don't take her seriously--then she comes from behind and WHAM! You loose by one stroke.
Post a Comment