Sunday, June 15

I had to take a picture of this. Ezra is now sitting & watching tv!! The greatest moment of a mom's life - where I can get stuff done without him pulling everything out after I had just put it all away. He's been cutting his four molars so he has been GRUMPY!! Besides that, he had a temp. at 105.9' last night (the nurse we talked to was really rude & thought he should be fine) & this morning it was at 104. You can just tell they are killing him. So me & him had a fun day not going to church today. He kept looking back at me & smiling while he was watching tv, so I had to take a picture of how cute he looked. Look at his eyes - you can just tell he doesn't feel good. What a great father's day...one really whiney boy!!
 

 
My sister & I had some fun (well - fun for me) projects this weekend. She made some really cute valances for me to put up in my great room & kitchen area. They turned out darling. I need to sew pillows now to match.
 

 
Posted by Picasa
But while she was making my valances, I was able to sew some curtains for our front room. I've been wanting to do this stuff since we moved in, but after painting, moving, packing & unpacking & then decorating, I have had no desire to do anything since. But I've been watching too much HGTV again & getting the itch. Ester found this cute idea in a book & I think they turned out darling.I don't know why - but my pictures are really dark. I tried to lighten it - but it just looked way too pixelated. Next on my list is to glaze this room. Then I think I'm ready to start on the playroom. If any of you have ideas for it - please help me - because I am being way too indecisive.

14 comments:

Quinn and Tami Bell said...

Oh my gosh,
Who made your Valances? I love them too! I will be over this week, if that is okay, to see mom and dad. I am excited.

Andrea Ingersoll said...

Okay, I don't even know what a valance is. How stupid am I? Your house looks beautiful as always. Those pictures of Ezra are so cute. Gosh, I keep forgetting you have him for some reason. He's adorable; the cutest little face ever!!! Austin & I are going to California on Saturday so we'll be driving through St. George. We are with my sister and BIL, but if we stop for dinner or something we should meet up with you guys. I wish we were going by ourselves cause then we could stay for a night and hang out. I'm totally going to take you up on the offer of staying with you guys sometime. (if the offer still exists).

John and Mikelle Hafen said...

you are so creative! your house looks great! glad you had fun in alaska. hope ezra is feeling better! can't wait to see your hair blog!

Shaun and Tonya said...

Your valance turned out darling and I love the curtains in your front room --way to go. The glaze is such a good idea --post pics when you're done to show off your hard work and talents.

Russ and Suz Adamson said...

Awww sweet Ezra! I love that he snuggles with Adde's little sheep. Phoenix has also started to focus on the TV. I do like that my TV turns into an instant babysitter. Is this bad?? You know children are NOT supposed to be exposed to ANY TV until they are the mature age of two.. You are little early my friend! :) but the valances turned out so dang cute and your curtains...need I say more... can't wait to see them and you in person soon.

Bybee's said...

cute! i really like your curtains, but then again i think i like everything in your house!

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

Oh I know exactly how you feel! My little girl is cutting some back teeth too and she is so grumpy I can barely handle it! Luckily she hasn't had the bad fever though. Just a low-grade one. My best friend is baby motrin and baby tylenol right now! Good luck! I hope those teeth come out quick!

Carr Family said...

You Guys did awesome on your curtains and valance. I'll have to get some tips when I see you guys next time. Not that I will ever get around to actually doing it...this year anyway. I would love to some time though. Way Cute!!

Shannon said...

those look really good, i can't wait to see them! you guys are so good at what you do

Anonymous said...

Really cute Jess - but I am with Shannon, everything in your house IS CUTE!

Lisa said...

Those turned out really cute! Ezra is so cute just sitting there watching TV.

John and Mikelle Hafen said...

i'd love to have you come out and see our house! john's going to slc to pick up our crib this weekend, maybe we can take a field trip when he gets back and meet you there! you'll have to help me decorate once we're in!

Rach said...

So cute Jess! I'll have to come see them...we need to have Adde over to play, we are missing her.

Jobi Niu said...

Ezra is so CUTE!! I have GOT to come see your house!! I LOVE the pics.. wow wow! Anita wants an invite to your blog anita_spackman@yahoo.com if ya still have some leftover space. She has a blog now too spackmanscorner.blogspot.com.