Ruthie's ONE!

My sweet sweet baby girl turned one the day after Thanksgiving! Honestly - 1 year has gone by already?? She just is such a little nugget - she seems too small to already be that old (she is she weigh like 17 lbs is in the 5% in both weight & height). I love, love, love her to pieces as do the kids. I am so glad she joined us a year ago. I cannot imagine what our family would be like without her.
 
We woke up to a happy baby girl. I did lots of baking for her party. Then we did lots of shopping & headed over to my parents to set up for her party.  We fed 50 people! It was quite the first birthday bash. We had both parents, Larissa's fam, Mike's fam, Russ's fam, Lisa's fam, Rachel's fam, Ryan's fam & the Carr's. Crazy that it could have been even bigger if both our entire families were there. Ruthie was tired at 4 & everyone was coming at 5:30. So we layed her down & she slept through everyone eating. So I woke her up to eat too & she woke up so happy & wore her birthday hat with a smile. She liked all the attention.  Then we sang happy birthday & she got to dig into her birthday cake. Everyone else got cupcakes that matched the cake. She pretty much loved the frosting & wanted to hold it. Then onto opening presents - which I was pleasantly surprised how much she was interested in each & every gift. Dad helped her open them & she did her cute little squeal with every gift - even clothes. She got tons & tons of cute clothes & fun new toys. We gave her a little dog that barks & jumps around. She loves it & squeals at it & drags it around with her.  We also gave her an outfit, phone & hat & mittens. It was so fun to be in St. George for this celebration & be surrounded by so much family.
 
Ruthie at one years old has taken steps but not fully walking. Crawling is way faster. She eats most everything we eat. She is no longer on formula at all. Sleeps from about 8-8 & naps twice in the day. She does the freaking cutest squeal - sounds like an owl. I hope I never forget that sweet sound. She does it when she is excited or sees something/someone she wants. She also whistles! It is hilarious & has been doing for about 4 months now. She still ates getting dressed. Loves her binki & loves to wear shoes.This blue eyed baby makes my heart so full of love. We all might be a little smitten by her.

















No comments: