School Begins...

Man, I've been slacking on blogging. Partly because life has been hectic! I've wanted to get on but everytime I start - I get distracted or confused by blogger's new layout. So we are going back 3 whole months!!! Back to school!
 
Adde started second grade. Her teacher is Mrs. Rhodes, whom we adore. Dawson is in her class - which makes it fun. She says they would hug sometimes - excited to see each other - & kids in the class thought they "liked" each other.  She's turning a little boy crazy - more than last year! She says she has a crush on a boy named Mike, who is a naughty kid in class. But she likes to help him to be quiet & do other things. She is making friends easily at Shelley elementary. At parent teacher conferences, Mrs. Rhodes told us Adde is the perfect student. She's always listening, doing what she's supposed to & does everything so well. Weird. Why doesn't she listen at home? No - it makes us happy.  Both kids got great reviews at Parent teacher conferences that dad took us all out to celebrate at JCW's - the kid's favorite. Can't believe I have a second grader!

 The big EZ started kindergarten a week later.  After much, much complentation - we decided to go ahead and said Ezra to kindergarten this year. Now that he is there - I'm so glad we didn't hold him back.  He is such a smart kid. Reading & math come very easy to him. Writing, well, that may not be his strong point. He is a little slow at it & a perfectionist which slows him down more. Mrs. Reid, his teacher, told us at parent teacher conferences what an amazingly smart kid, but the slowest kid to get things done! Just like his personality - very chilled & laid back. He is really loving school & making lots of friends.  In fact, on a daily basis I am getting calls from moms in the nieghborhood that to set up play dates with this stud. Ezra said at recess (a whole whopping 10 minute long recess), they have meetings.  They meet in different areas & you have to be invited.  What do they do at these meetings? They talk about toys such as Ninjagos, Legos, Pirates of the Carribean, & other such things. His new obsession is Lego Ninjagos. Love my awesome dude. But he really is growing too fast.


1 comment:

Amie said...

I just read all of your new posts:) Your family is so cute! And ruthie is A-DOR-A-BLE! We should plan a girls lunch or dinner with everyone next time I'm down that way.