About 2 weeks after the kids started school, we got to move into our new home!! What a relief to have it done. We loved picking everything out - even though it was stressful. It all came together in the end. Love being in a home again. & now we even have grass in the front yard!! It's been a few months since we've been in & I already feel like we've been here forever, except that not everything is put away:) For the last 2 months, the kids have slept on the couches while the basement was getting finished. But right now, as I'm typing, the carpet is getting laid so the kid will have their own rooms again. It's been a long time since the kids have seen all of their toys & bedroom stuff. Pretty much since we moved up here - so about 9 months. It will be like Christmas to them. I am very happy everything came together but even more happy that that part is over! Now we can stress about less important things like decorating the inside!
We love our ward & neighborhood. When we first moved in, Kelly & I got called as Sunday School teachers over the 12 & 13 year olds & there were about 20 who came each week. We LOVED it - best calling. It didn't last long though - we got called to the marriage class & in the meantime, Kelly got called as executive secretary & I got called as chairman over the music. We both are loving our callings & it puts us out there to get to know more people. The kids are loving all the neighborhood kids & how many live so close. They also love playing in the dirt piles next to our house. I, on the other hand, HATE HATE dirt & don't think kids & dirt mix well. We've had a few accidents from it too. We've also enjoyed visitors coming through & get to come see our new place.We get to see both our parents atleast once a month or every other month & that helps the kids not miss home so much. Because for now, this is our new place. But somewhere deep down, I just feel like this is a temporary move & we will be back down to St. George in a few years.
No comments:
Post a Comment