This kid is obsessed with one thing: MARIO BROTHERS
to the point that that is all he talks about, dreams about & plays. He stopped riding his bike & wanting to play outside so it was time for a bribe. We bought him the Wii new super mario bros. game he has talked about for like the last 2 years. We never bought it because we knew it would be an obsession & they got their DS lites for Christmas. Well - it worked great for bribing him to ride his bike. We bought it but him or Adde could not play until he learned how to ride his bike without training wheels. Didn't take too many tries until he caught on & now he officially can ride all by himself from start to finish! What a relief. Go be a boy!
He is very excited about what he's accomplished & likes to show off his new skill!
I just have to brag about EZ. He's always been a smart boy. He can get very lazy though or say he is too tired {to do anything: church, clean, play outside, etc}. He's not the best with a pencil & writing his letters. He can do it just not like my little Adde could at that age. I guess part of that is my fault. Him being my second, I didn't work with him like I did with Adde until last summer & I had it with myself & not helping him. He hates coloring & cutting out but does it for "homework" to work on it & get better & faster. But I have to say - this kid really is so smart! He is reading books that he brings home from preschool. We've really focused on his letters & all their sounds. We started doing sight words around Halloween & now he is reading books. Sometimes he has to sound out. Sometimes he doesn't. It is such a proud mom moment. & if I tell him a trick to remember a sound or why it is sounding a certain way instead of like normal, he totally gets it & remembers it. It helps that he has a sister that he sits next to every single day, the last year & a half listening to her learn to read. He also like to do math with her & add & subtract. I hope he keeps this up & does well in school. He might not be the cool kids who likes sports {once again - mario is taking that part of his life over} but atleast he'll be smart! Kelly keeps saying now if I can put his obsession into something good - like school or a sport - he's going to be awesome because it will be the ONLY thing he obsesses & talks about. Oh EZ - you're hilarious. & he says THE funniest things. He's very clever. The first thing anyone every tells me about Ezra is how hilarious he is. He surely is one of a kind. Love ya bud!
2 comments:
Way to go, Ez! Keep riding that bike. Outdoors is better than in.
I love that he is into Mario! It is pretty hilarious!! But this too shall pass and you'll look back at these days and say "Remember when..." just don't let them slip between your fingers too fast!!
Post a Comment