At the beginning of January, we put our home up for sale thinking we would buy the lot 2 up from us. 2 weeks later, Kelly received a job offer/transfer to Lindon to be a senior relationship manager {same position just higher ranking}. He received a job offer a year ago in Virginia that we almost took. He flew out to interview & we were looking at homes. But it just didn't feel right & we turned it down. I've always had regrets because I think Kelly would have done it if he wasn't stuck with me. That's where he served his mission & our best friends, Lige & Shelli live there. But it still didn't feel right.
When Kelly called me & said they offered him this job in Utah county, without a hesitation, I said yes when he asked me. It just felt right. The pay is really good & he'll get an awesome portfolio. Which means he'll be busy, which he hasn't been much of down here in St. George. Too much structure going on down here & people getting let go - you never knew what to expect each week. Even though my parents moved down here & we've been looking forward to living by them when they get home from their mission, & his parents & siblings live here, we still felt it was our time to leave & do what's best for our little family.
I will MISS Santa Clara SO much. I honestly thought I would never leave after turning Virginia down last year, especially to Utah county. I'm going to miss my home & living within a minute to Kelly's parents. I'm going to miss our ward. I'm going to miss our parents' pools in the hot, boring summers. I'm going to miss my friends. I'm going to miss Santa Clara elementary. I'm going to miss the beautiful views. I'm going to miss the awesome winters.
But I am so excited for the new adventures ahead of us. Living by my siblings up there that I've never lived by since I've been married. Close friends that have moved up there. Reunite with my high school buddies. Building a new home. A new ward. A new school. Seasons. Plenty of restaurants & shopping. Being able to hop in the car & come visit grandparents for holidays & weekends. It will be a good adventure for us. & we can ALWAYS come back if needs be.
So - here we are - taking on a new adventure. It has been a stressful one, trying to find a new place to live. Figuring out what to do with ours if it doesn't sell quick. Kelly starting immediately up there & traveling back & forth. I thought I would stay here until the school year ended by I don't want to be a single mother. But with all this stress is the excitement of what is to come. & after looking at many homes, we decided to build & get what we want. We signed on this lot last week in American Fork & couldn't be more thrilled!! It is literally around the corner from my brother, John's, house. & I already know a few people in the neighborhood. What a relief. The location is awesome - with all the shopping/restaurants within a mile. & the freeway access right near by for Kelly.
At times I feel really sad to leave. I just can't think about it. I get sad that Ezra will barely remember our home & Ruthie won't at all. That they have to leave all their best buddies. But they are so little that it will all work out up there. The kids are actually excited to move so that helps. So - bring on the new adventures that lay ahead of the West fam.
2 comments:
Grandma really can't talk about this one. But we'll be coming for lots of visits.
There will always be Virginia. Someday . . .
Post a Comment