....to be away from me for too long. Ezra went to his first day of preschool today. Kelly took him at 8am & I'll pick him up at 12:20 He'll go Mon - Thurs. What am I going to do without this dude?
The good thing is - this lady gets to be his teacher! Ezra's been trying to figure out what to call her & decided it would be teacher grandma!
Last night, we set out his clothes {that he ended up changing shirts 3 times this morning - worse than a girl} & dad gave Ezra a sweet, short blessing. Ezra told Kelly he did not want a long blessing & could only name 10 things in it - cause Adde's was too long! He's so funny.
I've been really excited thinking about all this time I would have without kids home. Like this morning, I actually went to the gym after I dropped Adde off which I have not done much of since I've been preggers. Before Adde even left for school, the house was clean & she practiced the piano. Look at all this time? But through all this excitement & thinking up of projects - it didn't hit me until Saturday - when I really started thinking about it - that my little buddy was going to be gone, away from me for a good portion of the day. He is my little side kick. But then I thought about the last 2 weeks & how bored he has been without his Adde around & most his little neighbor buddies started kindergarten or preschool already & that made me feel better that he would get to go have fun & learn too & not be stuck at home, bored with me all day.
When Kelly dropped him off this morning, he said he went right in, hung up his back pack & it was like Kelly wasn't even there anymore. He's been so excited to eat breakfast & lunch at school & play on the cool playground! So excited for my buddy!
4 comments:
It is a little sad when they all go off to school, but you need to enjoy the peace for a few more months. Just think of how fun it will be to have a new little one at home again and you get that baby all to yourself!
This will be the first time that I've had a new baby at home with other kids at home. I'll have three kids at home at once! At least the twins are big enough to help out, but they still sneak away from the house to the neighbors and I can just see them trying to "help" with the new baby. Oh well, life goes on. Like you said, EZ was probably ready to go play with other kids. How fun to have grandma as his teacher!
I really am a lucky Teacher Grandma!
The time is nice, after you get use to the quiet! But I know what you mean about them getting borred. Sydnee starts preschool next week, and the big kids have been going 2 weeks already. She is asking every day for her turn. Hope Ez enjoys it!
He is soo big. It really is kinda sad how fast they grow up. Cute blog.
Megs
Post a Comment