Last weekend, me, Kelly, Tami & Suz all went up for an overnighter to help my dad with the house. My mom is still at the beach (pathetic) while my dad is packing up a 6500 sq. ft. home that they've lived in for 25 yrs. That would not fly with me & Kelly.
My brothers & sisters have been awesome & had gone over everyday to help my dad pack. It was pretty much done when we got there. We ended up cleaning the entire house & packing up all the food storage & took it to Ephraim where Lisa & Tyler are storing it for them there until they figure things out.
Kelly is actually driving a U-Haul down right now as I type. He went up this morning so my dad could drive one & Kelly drive one. They're taking it to a storage unit for now. But my parents heard yesterday their offer was accepted on a beautiful home - so let's cross our fingers everything works out. & don't worry...Jane hasn't even seen the home yet (or my dad but he will atleast before they close)
My dad - what a champ - tackling this task by himself

So sad to see it go & not to go visit anymore but so happy they will be close to us & in a smaller, newer home.

Honestly, the best yard a kid could ask for. Gonna miss all those fun memories

Here's one room packed & ready to go

Dining room packed to the top too. This was after one load had already gone to the storage unit

The cleaning crew. Carissa showed up just as we were leaving. It was funny - me, Suz & Tami all came out in the morning wearing the exact same sweat pants. Sweet.

The carport that they should have done forever ago. They have never lived with any sort of carport/garage. The city wouldn't approve a garage so they built this to help sell the home. It really does look good. Too bad they never got a chance to enjoy it. No more sticky sap dropping on your car in the summer from the trees, or snow in the winter!
4 comments:
I'll miss the moat.
OH SAD! already??? I will miss all the christmas fun we had there to! you guys are great to help out!
Oh my goodness! My heart hurts looking at that house full of boxes! We had so many great times at your house! I will miss coming over when you are in town! Guess I will need to come to St. G more often now! AF is def. not the same without the Adamson's though. Crazy how life changes right... I wish I could have helped you pack all of that stuff too! Tell the fam. hi:)
So your parents bought a house and they haven't seen it? Does that mean you guys picked it out for them? I can't even imagine moving from a house you've been in that long. It was just moving the four of us from Bartlesville after 5 years. I felt like it would never be done! I hope they can sell quickly. Its a great house!
Post a Comment