it's party time

We got home from AF late Friday night. It made for a stressful morning. Lots of decorating, cooking & last minute things. Thankfully, Tami came to the rescue & helped decorate or it wouldn't have been ready in time.

After much thought & mind changing, we decided to do something low key & do a SPRINKLER party. Adde was determined since Halloween to have a Hannah Montana party but I kind of lead her out of that direction. The weather was beautiful & it was a perfect swimming day.

We BBQ'd hotdogs & ate lunch. Here are a few pics of decorations

the candy table

adde's "cake"

ezra, adde & dallin waiting for all the guests to arrive

the party favors. I thought these turned out cute. I sewed a fish pocket on a towel & stuffed it with treats. Adde had fun handing them out.

Ava, Adde & Jamie

playing in the slip n slide

Opening presents - Adde's favorite part. She got so many cute clothes, fun beach stuff & other fun accessories & toys. Grandma Ester, Izzy & Logan gave her this darling jewelry box. Thanks everyone for all the great gifts!


Time to sing happy birthday & blow the candles out. She had the biggest grin while everyone sang to her. One happy FIVE year old.







Birthday Girl


The morning of Adde's birthday, she woke up with excitement. She was finally as old as Abbey (her cousin) & Jamie (her best friend) are. We were up north staying with my parents while Kelly was in Minnesota for work. As soon as we got home late that night, she ran straight to her closet, tried on a pair of shoes that are ginormous for her & said, "mom, I thought they would fit now that I am FIVE years old. But I didn't grow." She's just our little five year old.

Since Kelly's plane didn't fly in until 1:30pm he wanted Adde to wait to open her presents. We let her open Ezra's - only because Ezra was more excited than her. Ezra had already forgot what he got her & was just as excited when she opened it.


Sporting her birthday get up.

After picking Kel up at the airport, we went to Gateway to the Discovery Children's Museum. Totally cute!! My 2 kidlets had a blast. They were almost overwhelmed with how much there was to do.

Adde told this little boy at the check out in almost a whisper (she gets shy) that it is her birthday today & she is now five. She looks so tiny. She's still just our little nugget.






When we returned to my parents, she finally got to open her presents from mom & dad. It was so hard for her to wait so long.

& what did she get? an American Girl Doll...Julie. She's had her eye on her for quite some time (as have I - please can I have one of my own) Adde loves her & says that she is a very special present.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

haapy birthday! what a cutie:) Looks like a fun busy weekend and the party decor, treats and favors look amazing...as i would expect from you! i love it!! You are such a great mom.

Melinda H. said...

Happy Birthday Adde! I can't believe she is five. I remember when we were moving to Alaska and we stopped in Utah and saw her get blessed. That didn't seem that long ago. Cute party! I love the towel idea.