our 4th of July weekend

We started our weekend early by going camping Thursday night with this fantabulous family, the Lamoreaux's:

Great pic of all the backs of them:) I didn't have anything else - but we had super time & I love these guys!

Overlook to Zions. The weather was beautiful - no flash floods like all the news reports told us. We actually had stars shining bright all night long.

Little Adde actually wanting her picture taken & posing for me on rocks.

We decided that we would go on a bike ride thru Snow Canyon early 4th of July morning to start our holiday. Tami, Dallin & Sadie came. Along with Rachel, RJ, Abbey & Makayla (no pics of them:( This is before we left - & right in the middle of our ride - Dallin's tire popped so he had to hop in & get pulled with Sadie.

We stopped & ate yummy donuts at the same place we went a few weeks ago to roast weenies & marshmallows.

Love this picture.

Adde was not the fastest of the group - but she tried so hard to keep up. Those dang training wheels just seemed to slow her down. She still had lots of fun & especially loved flying down the hills fast without braking. I thought for sure she was going to fly off & cut her head or something bad like that (she wouldn't wear her helmet)

Of course, we had to have our fourth of July hair. It's a star just in case you can't tell.

I love that Ezra's head is bigger than Adde's. In real life - they look more equal in size but definitely not in this picture.

Me & Adde getting ready to go to the Vernon Worthin Park.

We love to come here every year for the fourth. There's so many fun activities for the kids - except the scorching hot weather sucks. I was melting.

Adde wouldn't do anything until she got her face painted & then she picked out the coolest painting there. A sweet rainbow. Ezra picked out that awesome shark & was sad when it washed away in the pool.

Sliding - yep that kid totally rolled over Adde. She wouldn't go on that slide again after that.

& jumping.

We then ventured over to the West's for the kid's annual treasure hunt. EZ was the only boy this year since Ryan's family was up north.

Girls in there matching outfits after they did the treasure hunt.

We had a very yummy bbq & ended it with swimming.

Then over to Rachel & RJ's house to watch some pretty lame fireworks since RJ & Kyle kept doing the same ones over & over which was the stupid flashing light one. They are demoted from lighting the fireworks next year.


We left a little early to go check out St. George's show & we thought the kids might like it. It had been a long day - Adde was grumpy & telling us she wanted to go home. This was how she sat until the fireworks started:

& this was Ezra. He would not sit down & just sit still. Maybe next year they'll be better.

6 comments:

Melinda H. said...

What a fun 4th! Your kids are so cute. I love Adde's star hair.

We camped for the 4th (there was even supposed to be a mom and 2 baby cubs wandering around, but we still had fun) and the weather was awesome. We even have had a heat streak of upper 80's, which is unheard of here.

Jobi Niu said...

I love the 4th of July! Looks like you guys had fun. Adde's hair is AMAZING. We were over at my Grandma & Grandpa Ingersoll's on the 4th I saw a few of your family members at your parents I can't believe how grown up your nieces and nephews are getting.. CRAZY!

Lisa said...

You guys had a busy 4th! But it looks like you guys had fun! Hopefully you are coming up to mom's soon. I need to call you and give you our latest update ;)

Andrea Ingersoll said...

How in the world do you come up with those fancy hair styles? I'm going to hire you to get my kids ready, but then you need to move here hahaha. Yay I am glad you are coming up!! What day do you get here. We are gone the 23rd-25th to go on the trek with Austin's family, but you will be here for a while so we MUST hang out!!

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

I love that you actually demoted them from fireworks! FuNnY! Hey sweet picture of us from the back....I look grand.

KayDee said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time! Seriously you can do serious braids!! I'll have to take some lessons:)