Our Exciting weekend

We had a crazy weekend here at the West household. For starters, as I was enjoying my nice, warm shower, Adde poked her head in and was looking quite greasy. I thought it was weird but finished my shower. As soon as I stepped out, I could smell Vicks Vapo-Rub. I wrapped my towel around me and ran out to our family room. Sure enough, it was Vicks Vapo Rub that Adde had gotten into. She rubbed it all over our couches that we have had for not even two months!! Picture vaseline all over your couches - that's what it looks like - little greased up hand prints and smudges all over!!

After trying to clean it up and rubbing it in more, I throw Adde in the tub which Ezra hears the water running and goes right to it. He was bending over as I lift Adde up on the toilet and I hear a big bang. Sure enough, he's fallen into the tub again. It was actually pretty funny though. He was doing a hand stand over the tub with the water up to his eyes, waiting patiently for me to pick him up. Then little Ez, just crawling around climbs onto everything! He fell on a toy and split open his lip:(

Now after our long weekend of dreadful events, Ezra was climbing up our stairs, which he can do quite well now. He got to the top and a toy was right there. He went to sit back down and wasn't far enough from the stairs and flipped backwards falling all the way down the stairs. It was the scariest thing that has ever happened to my kids especially since I wasn't watching him. He fell down about 20 steps landing hard on his head almost every time. Immediately, he had a big goose egg on his forehead with carpet burns all over his head and the side of his nose was bleeding from a carpet burn. But thankfully, he was okay every where else.

To top it off, our kids both have terrible coughs now. So we gave Adde cough medicine and it drugged her up and she slept ALL day Saturday, including getting in and out of her carseat and running into stores. After this weekend, I feel like the worst mom ever. People reading this are gonna turn me into child services. But that's the life of kids. You learn and they learn (hopefully) and you both grow from it. BTW- if anyone has any suggestions about getting grease out of microfiber couches - please enlighten me with your knowledge. Otherwords - we'll be hiring a professional to come clean up.

6 comments:

Pulsiphers said...

Oh my gosh it sound like you need a break, I think if all of that happened in one week end I would probably have a mental break down. I so happy that Ezra is okay after falling down all those stairs that is so scary. I hope next week end is better for you.

Carr Family said...

I think my stress levels raised about 90% while reading your blog. I hate weeks like that. Liam will have weeks where I swear everyday he adds a new bump or bruise and then at church you get the eye like your beating your child or something....no...just a mom to a normal active kid!! By the way...we just found out we are having a GIRL!!!

Melinda H. said...

When I was reading about your fun-filled weekend all I could think was...I am going to have this double. They are going to team up on everything! Poor Ezra! I wish you had taken a picture of him in the tub. My kids always used to get back in the tub fully dressed. I don't know how to get grease out of couches. Google it. When we finally got nice couches we decided to get a dog at the same time. I am sure I told you, but he chewed a hole in the side of it, along with two seats in my car and the molding in our brand new place! Needless to say we don't have that dog anymore. I feel bad because as I was cleaning the couches out the other day I found a bunch of dog bones...I am sure he was just trying to get them back. All I can say is thank goodness Hunter and Austin are already through that fun stage. Now I just look forward to going through it with the babies!

The Steel's said...

Yikes..you do need a getaway for sure. Call Ester and tell her you are going to Hawaii for a while. I am so sorry you had such a hectic week. Don't worry about the stairs - I will make sure and call Child Services today..I think all kids do it. I know mine have, Tate like 10 times. Poor little thing. Kids are just crazy. Oh and the couches..we have had many a stain on ours and I take the outside fabric off and stick it in the washer with spray and wash - we have been lucky so far. Don't know about vicks. Good luck and hope you have a better week.

Anonymous said...

Jess - I'm sooo sorry you've had such a bad weekend! Poor Ez! I just couldn't help but laugh a little through it all - thinking, I'm sure glad that's not me. I know that's rude, but bad times sure made me really appreciate the good times. Your page is lookin' so cute - I am almost done scrapbooking my South Carolina trip - my kids love to look at the pictures.

Shaun and Tonya said...

you poor thing! I bet you were exhausted. Everything always seems to happen all at the same time. I am sick about your couches --Have you tried to google your question on getting it out? We have leather -or we'd have to invest in new couches every year. Good luck